'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That ref didn't have much consistency

Cheetahs Scrums were bad but ref got the binding call wrong a few times

Ref at breakdown wasnt good either. If the Cheetahs contested at breakdown he would take a long time to blow the whistle. Sometimes he didn't even blow the whistle, meanwhile when brumbies contested he would immediately award them with a penalty for holding on.

However the Cheetahs were their own worst enemies. Tapping a penalty in the first few minutes of second half in front of sticks and those first few kicks they missed were all they needed to win a game they never really got into

Next year Cheetahs

Good synopsis. I thought ref was very inconsistent at the breakdown. Brussow's penalty was never coming in from the side, and then Brumbies 4 lock knocked the ball out of Cheetahs hand during driving maul from offside position which was given as knock-on to Brumbies. Those two blunders and then Willie le Roux's crazy inside pass to no-man's land and subsequent offside was just shocking. Pretorius also showed BMT when he substituted Piet van Zyl. Latter has been off his A-game since Bok selection.

Probably the best result for SA rugby though. I back Bulls to beat Brumbies and Crusaders to beat Chiefs, for a Bulls Crusaders final at Loftus. Bring it on!!!

Well done, cheetahs!

Nearly nearly.

With some better goal-kicking... Hmmm

Cheetahs went the same route as the Sharks vs Bulls a coupe of weeks earlier - lost the game due to goal kicking :(

But thats history, go Bulls - keep the flag flying !!

Crusaders really dominant, good win by the Brumbies too although they were outplayed but won through poor captaincy from the Cheetahs.

I do believe the Brumbies can beat the Bulls, giving a Crusaders vs Brumbies final. Then again I back any team playing against the Bulls............

Crusaders really dominant, good win by the Brumbies too although they were outplayed but won through poor captaincy from the Cheetahs.

I do believe the Brumbies can beat the Bulls, giving a Crusaders vs Brumbies final. Then again I back any team playing against the Bulls............

+1

I'll always put national pride before provincial pride. Go Bulls!!

I'll always put national pride before provincial pride. Go Bulls!!

I absolutely hate the Bulls...

But my reason for supporting them this weekend is that they have some awesome youngsters coming thru. JJ and Jan Serfontein as well as Arno Botha etc. I am also going to back them to win the Super 15 because if they win it will put us on the front foot for the 4 nations Rugby Championship in August

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Brussow-boosts-Bok-claims-20130722

Cape Town - According to Die Burger, although Cheetahs openside flank Heinrich Brüssow unfortunately didn't get a win against the Brumbies on his birthday, he once again underlined his Springbok credentials.

The Cheetahs lost their Super Rugby qualifier against Jake White's Brumbies side 15-13 in Canberra on Sunday, but emerged with credit from the game in a battling performance in which they scored to two tries and prevented the Brumbies from breaching their tryline.

Brüssow has been the subject of intense scrutiny this year after question marks were raised regarding whether he is a penalty liability under the new breakdown laws, after Springbok coach Heyneke Meyer failed to select him for the Springboks in this year's Incoming Series against Scotland, Samoa and Italy.

Brüssow's underlined his ability to win key turnovers and slow down opposition ball as he successfully blunted the oppositions' attack several times.

He finished the match with the most tackles (11) for a forward and four turnovers, with one of them resulting in a try for his team, and kept his opposite number George Smith in check for much of the game.

Although he gave away two penalties during the match, replays revealed that on both occasions he had been harshly and incorrectly penalised by match referee Glen Jackson.

Cheetahs coach Naka Drotske reserved special praise for Brüssow after the game.

"Brüssow was very unfortunate to be penalised once or twice (against the Brumbies). He showed again against the Blues and the Brumbies how he can almost single-handedly win a match for the team."

Brüssow showed he would have been the perfect back-up for Francois Louw in the Springbok No 6 jersey, but he will now be unavailable for the Springboks during the Rugby Championship as he joins up with the Docomo Red Hurricanes in Japan before returning to the Cheetahs for their 2014 Super Rugby campaign.

I actually don't blame Brussouw for looking for greener pastures....go make your millions lad!!

Ja, I echo those sentiments... I still think Heyneke Meyer doesn't have a clue. This one dimensional plan for the boks will get us no-where. Sure it works most of the time, but when a forward pack stands up to us and we need some skill and a bit of panache we will get put away because our back line won't have a clue what to do with the ball.

:blush:

was listening to the sports hour last night on the radio.

blue bulls ceo lank excited for match, probably biggest at loftus this season. 30 000 tickets sold, still plenty available.

then there's the carling black label cup...a pre season friendly essentially between chiefs/pirates.

90 000 capacity soccer city was sold out weeks ago.

makes one think, don't it?

blue bulls ceo lank excited for match, probably biggest at loftus this season. 30 000 tickets sold, still plenty available.

then there's the carling black label cup...a pre season friendly essentially between chiefs/pirates.

I wonder if he will be just as excited when the Brumbies win to set up a final against the Crusaders???

His return will be tough, and at best into the Province/Stormers squad. Doubt he'll rise to national honours again.

Maybe the break was good

Lower lotus prices to soccer city prices and same will happen