Rugby...

'Dale

Watte "Darren" is dit? Just plain dronkgat????

Is he still employed there?

Pity I cannot like this more than once, just wait, he will copy and paste something soon!!!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fourie du Preez again showed the importance of having a scrummie that can do the basics fast and accurately. I see real warning signs for Bok rugby if they continue to allow foreign-based players to play. I'd be looking to Sarel Pretorius, and both the Sharks (McLeod and Reinach), to come into the mix soon.

And then after Saturday's game I'm convinced that Jan Serfontein should start at 12 with JdV moving to 13, and JJ to the bench. Serfontein's got too much talent, although it's likely that they're keeping JdV at 12 to be closer to the game as captain. With Serfontein at 12, I'd select Strauss at 2 to bring leadership to the forwards, and then bring on JJ and Bismarck at the same time to substitute Strauss and Serfontein.

I'm afraid the Boks didn't capitalise on their good start, and taking 5 points off the All Blacks next Saturday will be a tall order.

But, All Black jet lag and Ellis Park altitude, together with Bok determination, may yet decide the outcome. Go Bokke!!!!

I'm afraid the Boks didn't capitalise on their good start, and taking 5 points off the All Blacks next Saturday will be a tall order.

But, All Black jet lag and Ellis Park altitude, together with Bok determination, may yet decide the outcome. Go Bokke!!!!

Yeah, also felt they didn’t get that “push” to move up a gear but the 2 cards (14 men for 20 minutes) curtailed things. Poor discipline although the Aussies came back with Genia on the park.

Don’t they fly into Durban and do their preparations there, then fly into Joburg a couple of hours before kick-off??? Apparently that tricks the altitude voodoo.

Fourie du Preez again showed the importance of having a scrummie that can do the basics fast and accurately. I see real warning signs for Bok rugby if they continue to allow foreign-based players to play. I'd be looking to Sarel Pretorius, and both the Sharks (McLeod and Reinach), to come into the mix soon.

And then after Saturday's game I'm convinced that Jan Serfontein should start at 12 with JdV moving to 13, and JJ to the bench. Serfontein's got too much talent, although it's likely that they're keeping JdV at 12 to be closer to the game as captain. With Serfontein at 12, I'd select Strauss at 2 to bring leadership to the forwards, and then bring on JJ and Bismarck at the same time to substitute Strauss and Serfontein.

I hope I have it wrong, but the All Blacks have taken the Championship already with their bonus point win over Argentina last night?

I hope I have it wrong, but the All Blacks have taken the Championship already with their bonus point win over Argentina last night?

Think we can still take it if we beat them with a bonus point and keep them from scoring one themselves.That way we take it on favourable points deferential.

Guest Latent Blue

Think we can still take it if we beat them with a bonus point and keep them from scoring one themselves.That way we take it on favourable points deferential.

Going to be a tough one that...

And Remember, The All Blacks also wants to prove a point after that Eden Park test. Because everyone in South Africa and our Media said that the Boks would have won if they had 15 men on the field. Dont be surprised if they score 4 tries and win by more than 7 points.

And Remember, The All Blacks also wants to prove a point after that Eden Park test. Because everyone in South Africa and our Media said that the Boks would have won if they had 15 men on the field. Dont be surprised if they score 4 tries and win by more than 7 points.

Trust you Lexx...

What you got to love is in terms of the boks, ruan pienaar makes fourie dp look really good. Wasn't it last year the same talk about the boks being determined and destroy the All Blacks at Soccer City? What happened, Kirchner gave Dagg ample ball en he played which to me was one of daggs, like Naas would say, "he's better games" he was outstanding!

It's a tall enough order to say the Boks need to win with a bonus point, let's not forget just to win...

Yip, its true Meezo,

I think the boks are in for a big surprise this Saturday. And How good is Ben Smith!!

And one other thing, Why doesnt the Boks play the All Black at Newlands anymore :whistling: :ph34r:

Edited by Lexx

Yip, its true Meezo,

I think the boks are in for a big surprise this Saturday. And How good is Ben Smith!!

And one other thing, Why doesnt the Boks play the All Black at Newlands anymore :whistling: :ph34r:

Because of the uncivilized behaviour of the Cape Maori's...

Because of the uncivilized behaviour of the Cape Maori's...

Same then goes for Durban where they kill you?

Or was this an isolated case?

New report - SA Rugby Mag:

SARugbymag.co.za has it on good authority that the current director of rugby, Brendan Venter, will be leaving the union after the Currie Cup.

Venter is a practising medical doctor and agreed to work with the Sharks only until the end of October in any event, so White's appointment has in no way hastened his departure. It is highly unlikely that Venter will continue to consult for the Sharks as he and White both have strong personalities and would no doubt clash.

White is almost certainly going to sign a two-year contract with the Sharks that would allow him to leave the union at the end of 2015, which is when several Test nations are bound to be looking for a new head coach. White has made no secret of the fact that he wants to get back into international rugby, which is why he applied for the Wallabies position.

The Sharks would therefore want White to help develop inexperienced forwards coach Brad Macleod-Henderson and backs coach Sean Everitt over the next two years, so that one of them (most likely Macleod-Henderson) would be ready to become head coach in 2016.

White's appointment is expected to be confirmed by the Sharks within the next 10 days.

Yip, its true Meezo,

I really miss the true tours we used to have before the Tri Nations and now Rugby Championship. 3 Tests minimum on tour with Wednesday games against invitation sides would have done the game much more justice than the current format where sides are squashed into a condensed schedule where they tour themselves silly. The old format also took the Boks and their opponents to various venues around SA. Some of these would suite the Boks and others would have suited the opposition.

all of them? I think you'll find many said that the true outcome of the match will never be known. What you do need to remember is that the amazing All Blacks at their fortress Eden Park could only score four tries against a bok team that was a man short for 50 minutes. Take just one of those tries away (AB’s lose BP, boks gain one) and we would have a real game on our hands this weekend. Rugby is the loser here.

The tournament as a contest is basically over, there's no way the All Blacks could lose it from here.* Obviously** Boks want to win the tournament, so they will have to play an open game and take the risk that they there’s a higher chance that they end up losing. Beating the all blacks 29-0 is not good enough if that 29 doesn’t include 4 tries.

There is only one fair way for this tournament to be decided, and that’s for the All Blacks to leave a hooker off at half time. But if you look at how excited they got after scoring a last minute try in Argentina it’s obvious that they aren’t confident of being able to beat Boks at home. The dynasty is not looking so secure.

*We're coached by HM, who is not the Oracle

**obvious to me, but we can see what Heyneke’s intentions are when the team sheet comes out. We are murdering the aussies and he sticks with steyntjie and nik naks man till it's too late. Lambie pulls splinters out his bum for the last 15 minutes and we look like a bloody team again. That's also why Aplon needs to be in the match 23, if you need magic in the final 10 minutes then line breaks are what's going to produce them.