Rugby...

'Dale

I'm out of the country, Cassie

Didn't watch.

As you state it, they're better be more dynamic than what you describe to to avoid the relegation scene.

Don't think it will ever come to that!! But they will just not be performing like they used to...it's all about building a new team at the moment...blooding the new youngsters...but it's a painful road ahead for us supporters!!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think it will ever come to that!! But they will just not be performing like they used to...it's all about building a new team at the moment...blooding the new youngsters...but it's a painful road ahead for us supporters!!

Maybe the Stormers pull off a comeback like the Proteas did?

here's hoping, bud!!!

But i'm I little fed up with the management/coaching staff... :cursing: :cursing:

Im hoping it is the kick up the nought these guys need to get going!

Dale, I am afraid they now go into a very rough tour after the Canes match. They have had to hit the ground running but they already started with a big faceplant.

Unless they change their gameplan quick they will have a very rough year.

Losing first game in a season is not normally the end of your season, BUT i think in this case the stormers are f@#$ed. They probably have the hardest tour in superrugby history, and will have to do something special there to ensure they are not out of the running so early. Last season they won 5 on the trot to finish, but it wasn't enough.

back to the tour of hell:

crusaders(4th - blues away)

chiefs(1st - bye)

brumbies(3rd - waratahs home)

Reds(5th - lions away)

in brackets is log position from the previous year, and the opponent's previous week's fixture. The only positive in that schedule is final game against the reds, where hopefully they get a bit of a pasting by the sharks and lions in the republic(yup they only do 2 week tours). You can probably add on another week to the tour, since they play the waratahs at newlands the first week back - who travel all the way from durban.

As for the easy games, well the two teams they don't play this year the blues and the rebels finished 10th and 12th on last year's log.

So I'm not holding much hope for my stormers this year, and it sounds like I didn't miss much by not watching the game. I caught a bit of the saders/chiefs on friday and that was a spectacle. Of course I'll still support them, even if they do play like total ***.

Losing first game in a season is not normally the end of your season, BUT i think in this case the stormers are f@#$ed. They probably have the hardest tour in superrugby history, and will have to do something special there to ensure they are not out of the running so early. Last season they won 5 on the trot to finish, but it wasn't enough.

back to the tour of hell:

crusaders(4th - blues away)

chiefs(1st - bye)

brumbies(3rd - waratahs home)

Reds(5th - lions away)

in brackets is log position from the previous year, and the opponent's previous week's fixture. The only positive in that schedule is final game against the reds, where hopefully they get a bit of a pasting by the sharks and lions in the republic(yup they only do 2 week tours). You can probably add on another week to the tour, since they play the waratahs at newlands the first week back - who travel all the way from durban.

As for the easy games, well the two teams they don't play this year the blues and the rebels finished 10th and 12th on last year's log.

So I'm not holding much hope for my stormers this year, and it sounds like I didn't miss much by not watching the game. I caught a bit of the saders/chiefs on friday and that was a spectacle. Of course I'll still support them, even if they do play like total ***.

It was not the lose, but the manner of the loss. Does not bode well unless it was a total brain fart. If they lose this week they wont make the playoffs

C'mon, Stormers fans...

True loyalty to the jersey means to support them even if they have no game plan.

Hehee

Think it will be a Stormers team with a different attitude running onto the field this Saturday.

I was at JHB airport on Sunday <returned from a business trip>, Schalk Burger and Steven Kitshoff were loitering in domestic departures looking like death...I thought, good grief what happened last night, rushed to Exclusive Books...

I hope you're right Fabes...they honestly looked dejected and best of all, all the hot chicks walked past them without even passing a look...

all the hot chicks walked past them without even passing a look...

Not surprised not the best looking two around. Ones losing hair and the other ones a ginger. :whistling:

Not surprised not the best looking two around. Ones losing hair and the other ones a ginger. :whistling:

jislaaikit oke, if there's just one thing i learnt at matieland it is that chicks go bedonnered for rugby players.it doesn't matter if you have richie's ears, mike's nose and elton's hairstyle....you still in the mix for hotstukkie

http://www.rugby365.com/uploads/image/asset/12090/Schalk-Burger-and-wife630.jpg

7f7c4b02035199e6390afe0ee82a3f94.jpeg

jislaaikit oke, if there's just one thing i learnt at matieland it is that chicks go bedonnered for rugby players.it doesn't matter if you have richie's ears, mike's nose and elton's hairstyle....you still in the mix for hotstukkie

http://www.rugby365.com/uploads/image/asset/12090/Schalk-Burger-and-wife630.jpg

7f7c4b02035199e6390afe0ee82a3f94.jpeg

You're right, just wonder if those girls are still with them after Saturday. :whistling:

here's hoping, bud!!!

But i'm I little fed up with the management/coaching staff... :cursing: :cursing:

Every season the Sharks have lost a whole bunch of games before finally getting going and they always ended up making it to at least the last four - with the exception of last year - 22 injured players.

Yes this year they have won the first two but its a long, long season and anything can and will happen so I would not be too worried about the Stormers yet. Most of the teams are just finding their feet at the moment.