Rugby...

'Dale

Looks like the 2015 RWC will be my last as a true fan. Out of principle I can't support a team plagued by politics and quotas.

http://www.sport24.c...-years-20140907

I stopped supporting them years ago because of quotas. I want the best team to be on the field, not the best coloured team. Have a look at the Currie Cup and how empty the stadiums are. Soon rugby will be dead in this country.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped supporting them years ago because of quotas. I want the best team to be on the field, not the best coloured team. Have a look at the Currie Cup and how empty the stadiums are. Soon rugby will be dead in this country.

It's a pity. Real unfortunate. I wonder if the IRB feels the safe way as FIFA about political interference. Will have to wait and see.

Looks like the 2015 RWC will be my last as a true fan. Out of principle I can't support a team plagued by politics and quotas.

http://www.sport24.c...-years-20140907

It's a pity. Real unfortunate. I wonder if the IRB feels the safe way as FIFA about political interference. Will have to wait and see.

It is unfortunately part of the "Politicians" plan. They want to quota the game to death.

I say, pick a completely "quota filled" team, and see how they perform against the other international teams, and how long before they are as inept as the soccer guys.

Sadly, they are not going to stop until they've achieved their goals.

A player of colour on merit, with that I have no problem with, there is many, many sterling examples.

But just because a quota must be filled, unfair to the player, the team and the fans.

It is unfortunately part of the "Politicians" plan. They want to quota the game to death.

I say, pick a completely "quota filled" team, and see how they perform against the other international teams, and how long before they are as inept as the soccer guys.

Sadly, they are not going to stop until they've achieved their goals.

A player of colour on merit, with that I have no problem with, there is many, many sterling examples.

But just because a quota must be filled, unfair to the player, the team and the fans.

I also had a hope lke yours many years ago. But they will pick a entirely black team, they wil lose by 100 points, have 10 spectators in the stands, and still lable it a massive success. Transformation at its best. Edited by Johny Bravo

Some useful/useless stats for all you old school tie guys

http://www.schoolspo...boks-by-school/

Schools love to claim the bragging rights for having more Boks than their rivals. See where your schools ranks on the list of which institution has the most Boks.

As things stand Paul Roos have 48 Boks, just two ahead of Grey College’s 46, with Bishops, SACS, Paarl Gim and Boishaai just behind them.

See explanation of why Paul Roos has 48 Boks instead of 51 (click here)

As it stands 295 schools (that we know of) have at least one Bok.

Click here for the list of Springboks and see our notes on how you become a Springbok.

MY school made the top 10 at least :whistling:

Edited by Stretch

crystal ball time, and looking at the Rugby Championships overall.

We're on 9 points from 3 games, NZ on 12

SA got NZ(a)/Aus/NZ

NZ got SA/Arg(a)/SA(a)

The short answer is if we lose tomorrow, we need to start relying on maximum bonus points and Argentina to even have a chance. Last week's loss really put a spanner in the works, if we'd hung on then it would be all square on 12 points - and probably coming down to the final match on the highveld like last year.

South African rugby has become servants to the benefit of Sanzar. The Currie Cup has become watered down to the point where it is a third class competition. Sponsors must be wondering whether it is a good idea to keep throwing money at it. And now with enforced quotas and the fact that our top players are not playing for their ticket paying supporters who see the Currie Cup as the true face of SA rugby, I think we are going to see less and less local support. As for the favoured team, EP Kings - in there for development, how many darker faces do you see on the field?

ok, bye week in the RChamps.

Here's my best of the best 7s team for the olympics in Rio. Pick 10 guys as you need to roll the super subs.

playmakers:

Stefan Basson

Cecil Africa

Branco du Preez

Speedsters:

Gio Aplon

Cheslin Kolbe

Seabelo Senatla

cornal hendricks

muscle:

Warren whitely

Kyle brown

Kwagga smith

if heyneke is pleased with the latest performance then we need a new coach or a new team. is no-one bold enough to tell him that winning turnover ball and then kicking it up into the air is the way to play against the all blacks is suicide. 

does he really coach this tactic to his team. if so i woud really love to see what a team practise session consists of.  

!!!

- Experienced and versatile loose forward Schalk Burger has been called up to the Springbok squad for the final two Tests in the Rugby Championship for the injured Francois Louw.

looking at the provisional fixture list for 2015 S15, the Stormers will make the semis.

Fixtures (don’t play Crusaders, Reds): Bulls (a), Blues (h), Lions (a), Sharks (h), Chiefs (h), bye, Highlanders (a), Hurricanes (a), Waratahs (a), Force (a), Bulls (h), Cheetahs (a), Brumbies (h), bye, Rebels (h), Cheetahs (h), Lions (h), Sharks (a).

Cracker to see the Sharks playing nicely again. Beautiful second half after getting smashed up front early on. Hopefully will keep building. Nice win for the Lions last night too.

But they still have to play the lions.  :)

as far as the log goes, looks like WP should wrap up the top spot, and even if the lions lose to the sharks they could still hold onto 2nd spot - it'll come down to bonus points or (WP throwing the final league game).

pumas and cheetahs should be dead on for the final semi spot, with the bulls only really mathematically in with a shot.

Really stoked that they are NOT allowing the returning springboks to play the knockout games, shows the depth in our rugby.

as far as the log goes, looks like WP should wrap up the top spot, and even if the lions lose to the sharks they could still hold onto 2nd spot - it'll come down to bonus points or (WP throwing the final league game).

pumas and cheetahs should be dead on for the final semi spot, with the bulls only really mathematically in with a shot.

Really stoked that they are NOT allowing the returning springboks to play the knockout games, shows the depth in our rugby.

Its the only way that wEEpEE have a chance of winning again.

Its the only way that wEEpEE have a chance of winning again.

dunno...etsebeth, vermeulen and jdv would be slot in nicely ek se.

Don't think the Golden Lions have got a single player in the springbok squad, point your fingers there.