Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GO LEEUTJIES!!!!

Yes Please... What a game... The Lions now Beat Japan in Japan (Which beat the Boks) and The All Blacks in NZ (which won the WC) so maybe there should have been more Lions in the Bok team last year

Awesome to get back from a ride and see the Lions have done it again.

Endured many years of disappointment and if things can only get better, then... #happiness

Im in the same boat. The wait is proving to be worth it.

Can't wait for the Lions to come home. I have season tickets again. Lunch at the Troyville and then walk down to the stadium. Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

Yes Please... What a game... The Lions now Beat Japan in Japan (Which beat the Boks) and The All Blacks in NZ (which won the WC) so maybe there should have been more Lions in the Bok team last year

At least one would have been a good start...

But really the beauty of the Lions performance for me is that it is a team effort and not built around a few "superstars"

You look at the Lions team sheet and there is not one player in there that is vastly superior to any "first choice" Springbok that was picked ahead of him in the WC. 

Something else that might have slipped by unnoticed, the Lions are now unbeaten in 17 consecutive games (if you ignore the warm-ups & add in the Currie Cup) - last time they lost a competitive game was in May 2015!

Edited by Skubarra

At least one would have been a good start...

But really the beauty of the Lions performance for me is that it is a team effort and not built around a few "superstars"

You look at the Lions team sheet and there is not one player in there that is vastly superior to any "first choice" Springbok that was picked ahead of him in the WC. 

That is the key to our performance yes..

It's like in the 1980 US Olympic Ice Hockey Team where coach Herb Brookes said " I'm not looking for the BEST players, I'm looking for the RIGHT ones"

Ackers seem to have done just that

Ha ha....I love beating the stormers in newlands

*** yellow card decision though

Yeah, bit unfortunate that. I don't think he tried to kick it for a second, but still kicked it. So it counts. But that's not why they lost

Stormers looked good, Schalk was in a bit of a mislik mood today?

Sharkies a bit lucky hmmm

And i'm a Sharks supporter

Stormers looked good, Schalk was in a bit of a mislik mood today?

Sharkies a bit lucky hmmm

And i'm a Sharks supporter

Errr.. You have to be able to break the defence to win matches