Rugby...

'Dale

it's incredible that Jake White has an opinion on appointments when all he does is walk out of jobs

As long as the coach wins RWC who cares what else he does?

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wondered how the Cape Town Stadium's atmosphere would be if the Blitzbokke weren't in the final. Now I know. And the traffic home was easy. 

I always wondered how the Cape Town Stadium's atmosphere would be if the Blitzbokke weren't in the final. Now I know. And the traffic home was easy.

Ja it was pretty disappointing when everyone left after the semi, they missed some lekker rugby,

Meanwhile...

Raelene Castle shattered the glass ceiling by becoming Rugby Australia's new CEO, making her the first woman to oversee the sport anywhere in the world.

????????

• 1 month later...

my superrugby watching theory.

ignore it till May

if it looks interesting, watch it.

if not, then continue to not bother.

they have killed this competition, well for me at least.

my superrugby watching theory.

ignore it till May

if it looks interesting, watch it.

if not, then continue to not bother.

they have killed this competition, well for me at least.

I'll do the same as last year - watch the Lions at Ellispark and ignore the rest. That's more than enough for me. 

The early morning games in Aus/NZ clash with my bike rides, so I tend to ignore them by default.

So is he officially the worst coach we have had statistically? Worse than carel?

Win/Loss stats? No... but if “records” are pulled into the equation then it’s possible:

b47bae0d2998cad4e6cdb43d6bf9212d.jpg

Coetzee's "records" at the helm include:

- First ever defeat to Ireland in South Africa

- First ever away defeat to Argentina

- First ever defeat to Italy

- Worst ever year in Springbok history - 4 wins from 12 Tests

- Most points ever conceded against New Zealand (57) in both 2016 and 2017

- Biggest margin of defeat ever against New Zealand (57-0)

On Saturday Coetzee chalked up another two "records": The most points ever conceded against Ireland - home or away - in 111 years (38), beating the 32 scored by the Irish in Dublin in 2006, and the biggest margin of defeat - 35 - beating the previous mark of 17 in 2006 (32-15).

Many would argue that the above would be more than enough to see Coetzee asked to pack his bags.

Alas, Coetzee is still at the helm, despite his overall record as Springbok coach now reading: Played 22, won 9, lost 11, drawn 2 for a win percentage of 41% - comfortably the worst of all the national coaches to have overseen 22 Tests or more.

This was before the France and Wales tests in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk