26" 27.5" and 29" Wheels and mtb's.

RodTi

Nice looking bike that silver Jamis.. Still want to try and see if 650B wheels fit in my Chumba frame..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least if you get the 29r it is cheap to go to 27.5. just change the tyres and rims. wait what would that give you a 28??

Edited by Dick

I agree that is based on how and where you ride.

I also believe that as the 29er geometries get better, the gap between the handling is getting smaller therefore not much room for a 650b. Thought?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Selling mine

I got these wheels two weeks ago, and did only about 100km , mostly tar, on them.

I am selling because I sold the bike I bought them for. Now they are just sitting around.

I am selling the wheel set as well as 1 extra tire.

Price:R7000.

Please PM me.

Weight front 1.4kg , Rear 1.5kg with tires on. Weight of tires is 600g each.

• 2 weeks later...

So the talk after yesterday's WC is, short folk should ride 26" wheels, 27.5" (650b) for people under 6 ft tall und 29" wheels 4 da tall okes?

What this means is that I should not go running to the LBS and buy myself a 650b and think it will make me faster cause Nino won on it...

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

Here's the real Q:

will there be crank lengths of 200mm in the future on 29ers for the tall guys to really finish the picture and level the playing field?

No one wants a level playing field. It's human nature to have an advantage over someone else.

Here's the real Q:

will there be crank lengths of 200mm in the future on 29ers for the tall guys to really finish the picture and level the playing field?

No, the way things have become more complex, I expect the manufacturers to offer leg shortening/lengthening orthopaedic surgery with every bike sold. Solving a problem with something as simple as different length cranks, will never get approval from the marketing guys. ;)

Miss NeckMarbles from Oh Canada proves that whole notion of short ppl on 26ers wrong. I think the UCI should standardize the mechanicals so that rider ability is the only real variable. AFAIK, every single wheeled sport out there standardizes the mechanicals. the current situation is a clear case of the UCI wilting again to marketeering, but it is awesome watching those with more money than sense try to buy their way into high performance.

Miss NeckMarbles from Oh Canada proves that whole notion of short ppl on 26ers wrong. I think the UCI should standardize the mechanicals so that rider ability is the only real variable. AFAIK, every single wheeled sport out there standardizes the mechanicals. the current situation is a clear case of the UCI wilting again to marketeering, but it is awesome watching those with more money than sense try to buy their way into high performance.

Can, meet your new friend - worm

More business for the LBS as the early adopters will buy this wheelsize...

Thank goodness, the roadies only have to deal with one wheel size. :mellow: