26" 27.5" and 29" Wheels and mtb's.

RodTi

No one wants a level playing field. It's human nature to have an advantage over someone else.

Yip, it's racing.

For money. Status. Keeping sponsors happy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Small wheel big wheel medium wheel.

More proteins less carbs more carbs less protein more protein less carbs.

3X9 2X10 3X10

Water bottle Camelbak Camelbak water bottle

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Anyone for "new generation" v brakes?

Edited by Goodbadugly

If they're Niners, definitely sell them. Probably not worth much either. I'll give you a fair price 'coz I'm a nice guy. :whistling:

I think its great to have more options they should make a frame in all sizes for each wheel size, so you can choose like: I want a 27.5 wheel size large frame, or I want a 29er small frame - the more options the better. And then you must choose the crank length also. I don`t know why people are so uptight about this wheel size thing you ride what you wanna ride nobody says you must now go buy a 27.5er, but if you do want to buy a new bike, it`s nice to have options to suit you.

Edited by Berg Bok

Ok. Let me put a little spanner in the wheel here.

Do your self a favour and go measure your wheels diameter.

a 29" wheel should have a diameter of 73.7cm

Most of us will end up with a different answer here as we not all using the same rims and the same tires.

What im trying to say is that you might think you are riding a 29" but in actual fact you are not.

that's it 29" wheels arent 29" wheels, just Fisher used it as a marketing ploy.......kinda like turning 26ers on their head, and came up with 29.

650b has been used by several manufacturers for a while now, you can get your favourite stans rims and schwalbe tyres in 650b and then lots of discussions on the net as to which 26" frames and forks you can use with 27.5.....

Ok. Let me put a little spanner in the wheel here. Do your self a favour and go measure your wheels diameter. a 29" wheel should have a diameter of 73.7cm Most of us will end up with a different answer here as we not all using the same rims and the same tires. What im trying to say is that you might think you are riding a 29" but in actual fact you are not.

Ha, you actually listened to me during the ride this morning :thumbup:

Now the 650b converts with 26" bikes just need to get used to the mud clearance (lack of) and tell me how much they love it.

I took my friend's KHS 650b for a ride a while back. I was really impressed with the bike. I am thinking of getting the full suspension version.

Acc to allot of people the 27.5" wheels does not fit on the scott scale frames. Can anybody confirm this?

So the talk after yesterday's WC is, short folk should ride 26" wheels, 27.5" (650b) for people under 6 ft tall und 29" wheels 4 da tall okes?

What this means is that I should not go running to the LBS and buy myself a 650b and think it will make me faster cause Nino won on it...

I think this makes perfect sense, and that is why it will work .I cannot see a xs frame with 29" wheels and a xxl frame with 26" wheels The market has already proven it works

Looks like bull, tbh Jaco - Nino Schurter was riding a scale...

but on the balance of things, according to Schurter himself, it was a 'proto'.

More business for the LBS as the early adopters will buy this wheelsize...

Thank goodness, the roadies only have to deal with one wheel size. :mellow:

For how long still is the question?

I've said it before somewhere on another thread here on the Hub, 26, 27 & 29 must compete in their own categories. It's only a matter of time before they split them up.