Argus Expo

udxcob

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt feel the sense of occassion like previous years. There were many stands, but it just didnt fulfill my expectations.

(which werent that high)

I mean come on! it was ridiculous how many top end bike brands were failed to be exhibited..

To put it simply, The Cape Argus Pick n' Pay Cycle Tour Lifecycle Expo has lost its character.

Yip! Its the same old same old. The thing is its not bad but nothing different. It will be great for 1st time attendees but people who has attended a couple of years will find it boring

No real good deals. The ASSOS glasses im looking for sells for R100 more at expo than at the store and no stock at this stage. Think i'll hold back and by a pair in Europe in June

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Did not enjoy it at all.

1. battled to get parking. Found parking and was in for a 10min walk back to the venue.

2. Cops issued fines and did not attend to the traffic jams

3. The organisers should find a new venue. It was over crowded and not pleasant at all.

Got our numbers and headed back to the car. Took me 1.5 hours to just collect a number and this excludes driving time.

Edited by djvr

I got a new set of wheels and skewers from one of the stalls, novatec brand. They knew exactly what I needed and they were very helpful. They changed the rear cassette for me and then gave me a deiscount on top of the marked down price. Very impressed by their service, tried to ask other bike shops about rims but they all had 'promoters' hired and had no clue about the product.

dan vra ek ma hier: iemand wat met hub kit gan ry?

sorry vi die hijack

Hey Catgirl, i am riding in my hub bib

The only thing that blew me away about the expo this year, was the wind when I left at 19:30 last night.

Walked in, got my pack ... walked right out.

But I had too, cause I had a baby stroller.

That person that recommended the CTICC, you got me support. I.e. No stairs.

I had a lekka time ...bought mostly consumables as the zipp wheels at cwc still out of my budget ... :( even with the discount .... :whistling:

I had a lekka time ...bought mostly consumables as the zipp wheels at cwc still out of my budget ... :( even with the discount .... :whistling:

Those Firecrests are good looking, aren't they?

That person that recommended the CTICC, you got me support. I.e. No stairs.

CTICC all the way! I just finished a 3 day converence there. It is a brilliant venue, clean, easy access, safe parking (at a cost), well organized, friendly helpfull staff, more than enough room, modern. They probably don't want to use it because at the CTICC they cannot confuse and disorientate the hell out of the crowds.