Bad form by Mountainbikers

Mr Legs

I was cruising along on my Saturday morning ride on my MTB, riding next to the road on the gravel when I was passed by 2 persons on mountain bikes who were riding on the tar. I was obviously extremely upset by such bad manners and proceeded to haul them in and passed them, all the while riding on the gravel while they took the smooth ride on the tar. I dropped them and continued pedalling without even a single glance over my shoulder, but lo and behold a k or 3 later on a slight incline they had the audacity to attempt to pass me again. This time I pushed my old and overweight body, but bouncing along over the rocks and washed out gravel sections, could only match them, not pass them. We crested the little hill into a built up area were they turned off into a side street.

Is there some sort of authority where I can report such shameless actions or shall I leave it to the cycling gods to sort them out? Please advise.

I was so cheesed off that I went for another ride this morning and did an extra set of hill repeats.

Some people! Tsk.

I was once passed on my very cool road bike, in full lycra nogal, by a man on an old steel road bike wearing JEANS and steel toecapped boots!!! I felt compelled to tear him off a strip . . . and if I'd been able to catch him and stop him, I would have done (once my heart rate returned to below 140)

:-)

Edited by Bonus

I have been passed by a barefoot mtb in PTA area in several races ,and i am not that bad [top 1/3 times]Who is this Barefoot boykie !

I have been passed by a barefoot mtb in PTA area in several races ,and i am not that bad [top 1/3 times]Who is this Barefoot boykie !

There is a guy who rides MTB barefoot, apparently he cannot wear shoes.

An old woman carrying a bundle of firewood on her head came walking past me as I was riding up Robbers Pass outside Pilgrims rest some years ago..... :blush: ..

Some people! Tsk.

I was once passed on my very cool road bike, in full lycra nogal, by a man on an old steel road bike wearing JEANS and steel toecapped boots!!! I felt compelled to tear him off a strip . . . and if I'd been able to catch him and stop him, I would have done (once my heart rate returned to below 140)

Hee hee. That happened to me this morning. Kid must have been 12 years old came flying past me up tiekie draai and try as I might on my R35,000 kit I could not keep his pace. Pissed me off enough to consider giving up the sport. Oh well, looks like I need to be training with juniors

:-)

I was cruising along on my Saturday morning ride on my MTB, riding next to the road on the gravel when I was passed by 2 persons on mountain bikes who were riding on the tar. I was obviously extremely upset by such bad manners and proceeded to haul them in and passed them, all the while riding on the gravel while they took the smooth ride on the tar. I dropped them and continued pedalling without even a single glance over my shoulder, but lo and behold a k or 3 later on a slight incline they had the audacity to attempt to pass me again. This time I pushed my old and overweight body, but bouncing along over the rocks and washed out gravel sections, could only match them, not pass them. We crested the little hill into a built up area were they turned off into a side street.

Is there some sort of authority where I can report such shameless actions or shall I leave it to the cycling gods to sort them out? Please advise.

I was so cheesed off that I went for another ride this morning and did an extra set of hill repeats.

Difficult to tell if you're posting this tongue in cheek or if you're actually serious.

There is a guy who rides MTB barefoot, apparently he cannot wear shoes.

Must have played Craven week rugby as a pikkie

Difficult to tell if you're posting this tongue in cheek or if you're actually serious.

Seriously?

Dear Abbey

Last Saturday I went for an out ride with a mixed buch of MTB riders...30% of which were female....

I was not feeling very strong that day and got dropped on the second of quite a few long hills...not even the slowest of the lady riders waited for me...

So my question is...was it perhaps the yellow outfit that i wore that clashed with their predominatly pink outfits that made these ladies not wanting to cycle close to me? Or was it the riser bars with bar ends?

Sincerely

Shattered ego....

Hmmm... I hope you were coming from a serious ride somewhere in the mountains, because riding on the gravel next to the tar is not exactly "mountain" biking either. Just saying. :whistling:

Dear Abbey

Last Saturday I went for an out ride with a mixed buch of MTB riders...30% of which were female....

I was not feeling very strong that day and got dropped on the second of quite a few long hills...not even the slowest of the lady riders waited for me...

So my question is...was it perhaps the yellow outfit that i wore that clashed with their predominatly pink outfits that made these ladies not wanting to cycle close to me? Or was it the riser bars with bar ends?

Sincerely

Shattered ego....

Dear Cassie .... it might have been the following:

• The bar ends
  • Were they wearing "comfortable cycling shoes"
  • They were in a hurry to get home in order to make their husbands lunch
  • They were just flipping fast and fit