Sewerage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddy Gordo

I dont normally analyze my rates paper as I just look at the amount due. This is mainly due to the fact that my rates are very low. However yesterday I decided to analyze the payment break down. The one that really got me was that I am charged for sewerage at 50 kilo litres!!!!!!!!!!! How the hell do they measure that???? Water which is on the same bill is has its own water meter. Now sewerage as in the toilet, does not have a meter. How do they assume what is used for sewerage!! I find this very strange, it is not like all our waste water is recycled into use for toilets only, then I wouldnt mind paying. This would be a design of the century for us in good old South africa. To top it off this amount is more than the water bill!!!!!!!

What is your incoming water reading ? in thoery it should be the same as whats going out ( taps , showers , toilets ...ect )

What is your incoming water reading ? in thoery it should be the same as whats going out ( taps , showers , toilets ...ect )

Except for what you consume - use to water your garden - wash you bike etc etc !!!!

the formula for CT is 30% of your water usage goes into the loo

Where did you hear that??

I filled up my pool last year and paid for the entire Western Cape's sewage disposal!!!

Where did you hear that?? I filled up my pool last year and paid for the entire Western Cape's sewage disposal!!!

Oh!!! I better check mine now....

Ekurhuleni council charges effluent at a slightly cheaper rate than tap water, but they use your normal water kl consumption as an indication of how much your water you flush down your toilet.

Edited by Fester

The more water you use, the more you must pay for sewerage....

I work with wastewater treatment works and lots of wastewater treatment plants in SA could not cope with the flow.

The governement or municipality did not put enough money to improve the plants in past 10years, so they have to

find extra money to improve the plants, otherwise they leak to the rivers. You will not believe it.....

*** of betaal is die wet van Transvaal (actually, in this case it is *** EN betaal......)

No man, my water bill is less than the sewerage. I use borehole water to water my garden. Think I should use that too to fill the toilets, then what they gonna charge me for. Water = R45.00, Sewerage = R56 and then there is refuse removal, which is not alot

Problem is it take a lot more to get the water from sewerage clean again. Its actually a design fault, because getting soaps and grime from bathing is easy, shyte is another story.

No man, my water bill is less than the sewerage. I use borehole water to water my garden. Think I should use that too to fill the toilets, then what they gonna charge me for. Water = R45.00, Sewerage = R56 and then there is refuse removal, which is not alot

refuse removal which sometimes gets taken away once a week

yeah mine went

oct nov 200+-

nov dec 200+-

Dec Jan 700

Jan Feb 700

And i have a ridiculously small patch of grass. that i sometimes remember to water.