KULULA Rip off

Baster Brak

:stupid: < your girlfriends tank top says WHAT?

cage fighting nogal? then you prob strut around with pum'kins under your arms. You might fit in your seat, but I bet your elbows extend into both nextdoor seats because your'e so big n strong? .... your "kind" is almost as irritating as the real fat people.. (i clock in at 88kg's / 1.83m tall - but i dont walk around with a muscle complex, but i am damn sexy because i work out, im also extra sexy because i own a 29er and a 26er 150mm all mountain bike < I had to say this because it's almost as irrelevant to this discussion as your "cage fighting machine comment")....

Please read the "tongue in cheek"ness into my post. In real life I'm peace loving with virtually the same stats as you.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please read the "tongue in cheek"ness into my post. In real life I'm peace loving with virtually the same stats as you.

" then you prob strut around with pum'kins under your arms."

@V Not quite a strut actually, and the pumpkins... not his fault.

You lucky he is peaceful, this man is a walking weapon and the closest thing to a pumpkin is you being squashed for another comment like that! < I had to say this because it's almost as irrelevant to this discussion as your last post. You know, the one where you missed the joke completely! :whistling:

Hi all, i fly Kulula often(last 4 years-2-3 times a month) and yes they have changed their luggage rules,in the past you were able to buy extra weight on line(worked in 5kg increments) for 50% of what you would pay at the airport but now you are only allowed 1 bag of 20kg, if you got a second bag you can pay on line for a reduced price(normal price R250-about 33% discount),if your bag is overweight you pay at the airport, bike bags you can load it to 20kg doesnt matter what you put in,20kg max but if you check in a bag for yourself plus your bike bag you pay extra,i took my bike to jhb last week and it weighed 21kg(my only bag)and they let it thru,and i agree with a lot of you about overweight passengers, i saw dudes that weigh 120+ compared to the average 70-85kg,which i think is crap if they penalise us for extra 3 or 4 kg,anyway thats the rules

" then you prob strut around with pum'kins under your arms."

@V Not quite a strut actually, and the pumpkins... not his fault.

You lucky he is peaceful, this man is a walking weapon and the closest thing to a pumpkin is you being squashed for another comment like that! < I had to say this because it's almost as irrelevant to this discussion as your last post. You know, the one where you missed the joke completely! :whistling:

:eek:

"DJR" pimps to the beat, "strutin'" down the street like a Kage fight'n freak, yeah ...This is how he rolls, animal print pants out control..Everybody stops and stares at him...

When Pain or Shine's at the beach, he's in a speedo trying to tan his cheeks (whaat?)

:offtopic:

Edited by TheV

Poor Kalula, here they get bl!ksemed right on the nose......................tomorrow it's SAA,SAX,SA Airlink,British Airways( aka Comair....Kaluala),OneTime etc........Just the way it goes behind a keyboard and the internet. Eish just never can you satisfy all.

To summarise:

- Do your homework before travelling w.r.t. to excess baggage, all have different policies and limits;

- Airlines have become more strict in this regard;

- Good service is pot luck, and being demanding at the check-in will not help. Try be nice.

- Economy class can be very grim when the person next to you overflows into your seat.

im also extra sexy because i own a 29er and a 26er 150mm all mountain bike < I had to say this because it's almost as irrelevant to this discussion as your "cage fighting machine comment")....

Sorry but the 'cool kids' all have 27b's (as I heard them referred to on Soopercycling :w00t: )

As much as everyone hates the I dig SAA. 20kg's free sporting allowance, a meal and a flight which generally runs on time.

Kulula are a bunch of @ssholes. The only reason they barely have their head above water is because of Discovery Vitality.

Sorry but the 'cool kids' all have 27b's (as I heard them referred to on Soopercycling :w00t: )

it's 650b or 27.5, dont get your b's and halves all messed up... :w00t:

I'm already looking for one...

:eek:

"DJR" pimps to the beat, "strutin'" down the street like a Kage fight'n freak, yeah ...This is how he rolls, animal print pants out control..Everybody stops and stares at him...

When Pain or Shine's at the beach, he's in a speedo trying to tan his cheeks (whaat?)

:offtopic:

:clap: :thumbup: Super!

play nice ! and dont hijack !

Just having some fun :devil: .... wasn't a total hijack either, I fully support the movement to ban VERY FAT people from airplanes and all other public spaces where one may randomly find yourself stuffed between them... bus, car, plane, train...

Also, from all areas where they might expose themselves... like beaches, public pools, etc etc...

If we can make it difficult for them to go in public, then we might even help them to loose weight because the only place that should allow them through the doors should be Gym's and Surgeons with fat vacuums....

My point is, we should not pay more for our bikes on a plane, seriously... they will in most cases not ever have more than 10 bicycles on any single flight, make it first 10 bikes to check in is free (online before) or at the counter or something....

Rant-on> they probably make more from selling the fatties cokes, chocolates and chips on the kulula flights...or, maybe, just maybe, they use our R400-R600 bike levy's to subsize the price of sweeties on the planes to lure the fatties onto their planes? think about that conspiracy theory would you....

Edited by TheV

Does anyone know what the pilots use as an average person weight when doing their calculations these days ? just curious really.

Does anyone know what the pilots use as an average person weight when doing their calculations these days ? just curious really.

FAA regulations in the States:

http://www1.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/d1ee786f363e795286256eee0061e9a6/$FILE/AC120-27D.pdf

190lb in summer, 195lb in winter (both include 16lb carry-on baggage). 30lb checked-in baggage.

I don't know what the local regulations are, but Baie-sukkel should.

I will reply with the excact weight tomorrow,we(flightdeck)don't do weight and balance on the aircraft at all,it gets done by the loading dept. Male,female,babies etc are recorded individually. These figures also differ from airline to airline