rouxtjie

yep, DG rode with LA at the tour for US Postal donkeys years ago

Ah, no. He never got to the Tour.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Ja, that's where I got my silly idea from!

Not sure, you idea was one of Burry hanging with Evans and George ?

Here's a question from someone who has never done the epic.....

If i take a look at that photo of the bikes and how dirty they are, i know they have their own mechanics who clean their bikes but what about the average joe finishing late? does he/she have to clean their own bikes?

Here's a question from someone who has never done the epic.....

If i take a look at that photo of the bikes and how dirty they are, i know they have their own mechanics who clean their bikes but what about the average joe finishing late? does he/she have to clean their own bikes?

I believe there is a bike cleaning service (at a price, off course) Believe they wash a bike in 15 seconds flat (4 bikes per minute).

Read it in a newspaper article today.

15 seconds is like a pit stop at F1.mine is more like the visit to the local BP to fill up.

I believe there is a bike cleaning service (at a price, off course) Believe they wash a bike in 15 seconds flat (4 bikes per minute).

so youre better off pushing your bike through a sprayer :huh:

so youre better off pushing your bike through a sprayer :huh:

Also got serious doubts as to how clean your bike is going to be.

ok my bad, I thought he had.

Nope. Got dropped back to SA quick style. Went back to Europe with Barloworld, and got a forced rest cause of unusual blood values, and that was pretty much when the fat lady started warming up

I think it takes a bit longer but they can accommodate quite a few bikes at once.

Bike wash ( you are correct, it is just off the course) { add silly joke icon} is sponsered by Pragma (same company who sponsered Hein Wagner on the tandem last year) It does not cost the riders extra. Pragma supplies the equipment and staff and it costs them a pretty penny. My involvement with Pragma? I know one of the big wigs and they sponsored our DC team in 2010.

ApFfdGkCEAMpFYC.jpg

Gumm's, I sat watchig Epic Tale with my boy and wife last night.

He wouldn't let me stop the recording, so got to bed late :thumbup:

But anyway, in one part they remove riders numbers, I became all emotional and the wife thought I was crazy.

I explained to her that we went to the finish line on stage one of the 2006 Epic to watch our fellow riders come in.

It poured with rain that day, our brake pads were gone before the first water table (luckily we had spares on us)

It was a monster day and a nasty day ,of Epic proportions, the cut-off was extended and then extended again, I will never forget the faces of the many who didn't make cut-off that day.