sani2c - newbie questions

-Gazza-

I am heading down to help out with some of the service packages being offered...problem is I got no idea how to get to Jolivet lol!

Tried Google Earth but doesnt quite pinpoint the where the race village is..and getting lost doenst appeal to me.

Any one got directions available from Pmb to Jolivet stop over?

Just off the R612 I will try get the Co ords for you

S30 17.250 E30 20.938

Edited by TNOSE_E

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just off the R612 I will try get the Co ords for you

S30 17.250 E30 20.938

Thanks TNose

you get a numberboard with timing chip in.

the numberboard stays on your bike for the duration of the race

thanks R&R

Or you can take up your PPA membership and thus not have to pay the CSA membership license fee.

If you have PPA Membership you do not require CSA license

• Sani Spoors annual membership with annual CSA license and Central Gauteng provincial license – R325

• Sani Spoors annual membership with annual CSA license and Gauteng North provincial license – R275

I thought they had merged.

Not sure if they have merged or not, regions are stipulated by CSA.

Registration opens at 10AM and usually stays open till about 8PM. No registration during race briefing.

Registration opens at 10AM and usually stays open till about 8PM. No registration during race briefing.

Cool, thanks.

Whoo friday is done and dusted..... now its SANI2C fun full blast until next week thursday (My birthday ) and then its birthday fun in Umhlanga til Sunday.... bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have an awesome ride everyone - See the trail riders on the trail! :)

:eek: No man!! Now you've also got me worried!! :cursing: Bought my wife the same bike a few weeks back. Wasn't aware the RR's come in a snakeskin version. Thought the Evo was the much praised tyre used at the Epic - wasn't aware of the snakeskin version. How wrong I am. I'll just have to make sure I've got the correct repair kit for a tyre wall tear ... and a tube!!

farksteaks..now im also panicked...im running specialized fast track 2Bliss.. ?? are these fine, the way I see it, the track is pretty neat and tidy ?

Hey Wesley, I've spoken to one of the ladies organising the registration, It will be open till about 20:00 (8PM).

Get proper blerrie tyres !!!

Agree, the route is not as soft and cushie as people think. On day 8 of Joburg2c I got a sidewall puncture in Conti X King UST and on day 9 my brother tore his RR snakeskin.

Just checked my batch. G for the race, someone has a higher opinion of my abilities than reality. Looks like we're going to see most of the field on day one. Anyone else in G batch?

You're lucky. We got landed in K batch!

We will take it as it comes!

4 Sleeps.