sani2c - newbie questions

-Gazza-

....... Get get all your admin done so that that you can find your mates and drink beer.

Now I am really amped. Was worried how I was going to get my beer fix on with all the racing snakes looking down their noses at me (not that I really care)

Seems I wont have to think about that now :)

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you buy a service package from one of the teams that offer them, makes life much easier. You don't carry one single spare other than tube and chain links and CO2 that you may need on route. Arrive over the finish line, hand in your bike and go collect it ready to go before the start in the morning. Sweet. Costs money but saves admin.

There is usually a truck that goes from Underberg School to Scottburgh. You can chuck your bike bag/box and suitcase/togbag on there for collection at the finish.

When you get your black box on the afternoon you arrive, pack it and take the exess bagage to the truck. I think it leaves before the riders start the next day. Get get all your admin done so that that you can find your mates and drink beer.

Great relief, DANKIE!!

This may be a dumb question but ... what is considered a "basic bike cleaning kit"? I have so much stuff I want to take "just in case" ... I have trouble packing lightly :whistling:

If you buy a service package from one of the teams that offer them, makes life much easier. You don't carry one single spare other than tube and chain links and CO2 that you may need on route. Arrive over the finish line, hand in your bike and go collect it ready to go before the start in the morning. Sweet. Costs money but saves admin.

I have been onto the sani2c website but I cannot find service packages. Do you know where I can find out more about them?

Rouxtjie, 105kms to the top of Breedts and back or up and over and back?

Another question, do you have to wash your own bike after every day or is bike wash included? I'm lazy...

Anybody's views on whether one can ride this race with bottles only or whether a camelbak is needed?

Anybody's views on whether one can ride this race with bottles only or whether a camelbak is needed?

Now that the Sani2C is run in May, its much cooler than it was in March.

I survived on 2 bottles between stops last year. And I usually drink a lot when I ride/use a Camelbak.

Also, don't pack your pockets with too much food.

There is a lot to eat @ each water table. I finished each day with bars and gels still in my pockets.

Hopefully USN is still involved because they hand out Recovermax at the finish line and sometimes bars, gels and Crampstop around the race village.

Edited by splat

From the Sani Facebook page:

The 2012 route is going to be pretty much the same as last year with some very minor changes. Day 2 will no longer have "lamb legs" or "Push of a climb" and there's no big climb before reaching Jolivet, but there will be a new halfway stop. Day 3 also sports some minor changes near the finish.

3 less climbs sounds good to me :-) Question is what do they have in place of those.

Someone please inform David George and Kevin Evans. Was really sad to see them taking a wrong turn last and lose the race.

I managed quite comfortably last year with 2 bottles and I drink quite a lot. Just be sure to fill up at all the waterpoints (especially day 2) and down a cup or two before you get going and you should be fine.

It's so much nicer in all that singletrack without a camelbak!

Final training weekends looking like this:

This weekend - 2 x 50 odd km rides with 1000m plus climbing each day - approx 3 to 4 hours a day

Next weekend - (long weekend) - Cederberg training camp: 3 x long rides of approx 60 km each with 1500m climbing each and a hike up to the Wolfberg Arch

Weekend thereafter - Houw Hoek tour with the medium group (tapering by this time)

Final training weekends looking like this:

This weekend - 2 x 50 odd km rides with 1000m plus climbing each day - approx 3 to 4 hours a day

Next weekend - (long weekend) - Cederberg training camp: 3 x long rides of approx 60 km each with 1500m climbing each and a hike up to the Wolfberg Arch

Weekend thereafter - Houw Hoek tour with the medium group (tapering by this time)

GOEIE BLIKSEM! Top 10 finisher?

Stupid question but Im coming up from Cape Town where do i get my box??

Assuming your are talking about the black container,at registration