Top Gear UK vs Top Gear USA

Riamich

Last night while switching through chanels I saw Top Gear USA on BBC E, don't know if fellow hubbers seen it but what is your take on it.

I think its a very hard effort they put in to copy the UK version. Very boring I must add.

Car crash television, it sucked piles. I was wondering where they got those hosts from, never seen them before. In saying that, I don't mind the Ozzie version.

Edited by Caerus

Probably the biggest TV disaster of the year, how can they suck so much at it? Embarrassed is the right word

What the hell do we pay DSTV subsciption for? Top Gear America from 2010??? one thing though is Tanner Foust CAN drive unlike Jeremy and the crew who are made to look like they can!

Except for the cars but they are a bunch of bullocks if I might add.

Pls remove them from TV asap as for the driving not much to speak off

The camera work also seriously disgusting

Ja it was rubbish. That corvette they had going though was rather nice. Watched half of it before I fell asleep on the couch. (no picture added) Top gear Aus was also a load of crap. Without Clarkson that show is nothing!!

trying way to hard to be like Jeramey and failing, not very good narrating, trying to hard to stick to the UK formula,

no originality , no real screen presence, and there track has been set up to suit American cars, IE cars that cant go around a corner...

Well if you have only watched what we get on SA tv then yes, its not great but as the seasons have progressed its a lot more entertaining than the UK one by far! Atleast Tanner can drive!

The problem is that the BBC is attempting to re-create the chemistry between the hosts that the UK version has and it's proving to be impossible.

The UK version has also been running for 18 seasons so they've already paid their "school fees".

Thought the OZ one was crap but then it grew on me.

I'm sure I'll watch the USA version again, enjoyed the Lambo shoot out but thought they were going to race all at the same time down the air strip.

Next life I'm coming back as a Top Gear presenter :clap: :clap: