Coffee machine

laugh.png - Ha, Ha, yeah, I am thinking of buying one of the smaller machines for my Holiday Home on the Vaal - I go there quite regularly just for the day and a nice Nespresso would be great. If I go for a weekend or something I load my Nespresso and take it with, but its a bit of a hassle for just a day.

Ive already bought a second Nespresso machine for taking along on vacation.

I have a collegue who had a coffee shop, with a mega high end machine, grinder, etc, and he was very dedicated to brewing perfect coffee. He now has a Nespresso machine in his house, and speaks higly of the quality of the coffee from Nespresso. To sum up his point of view, I think one could say: It makes a 90% perfect cup, 100% of the time, with no fuss.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking, That's what I am afraid of....

Walked into the @Home store in Eastgate yesterday and asked for a demo. Unfortunately they did not have coconut capsules, but boy what a crema, I was amazed! That little U machine is on my Xmas list..... No fuss and no hassle...

Courier came to deliver my 10 sleeves of coconut...

I wasnt home and forgot to tell my maid they were coming so she shooed them away.

Damn.

I wasnt home and forgot to tell my maid they were coming so she shooed them away.

Damn.

Oh my goodness, .......thats at least 10 demerit points Wayne. laugh.png

Popped into VNA last night. Sampled the coconut and I must say I'm not sold as yet. Bought a box though wiff some hazelnut, macadamia and my favourite Indriya. Had 2 lungo shots of Mac this morning in a mug and I'm impressed. Yesterday was a sad day. Took my last 2 boxes of Crealto out of hiding.

I can't believe thiis thread got to 30 pages on coffee machines.

I need to get a machine one for my missus for xmas. Have decided on specs:

Auto bean grinder, not pods

Milk frother, either a steam jet or auto

Max 10K

Jura, sprada or seaco

Will be used for ca. 4 cups a day I reckon

There is clearly some knowledge on here. Can anyone who has been through this recently offer recommendations, Which one to get?

Gravitating towards the Jura ENA 9 one-touch at the moment...

I bought a russels hobbs expresso maker few months back. Just the expresso and frother.

Got a krupps grinder as well....

I did the same and must say, it sometimes is a bit hit and miss, but on the whole I make awesome coffee and the setup was cheap as chips!

Damn.

My maid has strict instructions to send anybody away that arrives unannounced. thumbup1.gif She has chased the Building Inspector and more that one meter reader away. No phonecall no = no entry!

Oh my goodness, .......thats at least 1000 demerit points Wayne. laugh.png

Fixed wink.png

GOG, get a Pixie for your holiday home with a seperate frother. Works out way cheaper. I saw the bags for the machines retail for about a grand if you wanna cart your machine around. I need to get one of the little containers with partitions to store my pods. Its fun though, I chucked all my pods into a Tupperware container so I end up rummaging through them like looking for your favourite sweet in the Quality Street or liquorice All Sorts packet.

I can't believe thiis thread got to 30 pages on coffee machines.

I need to get a machine one for my missus for xmas. Have decided on specs:

Auto bean grinder, not pods

Milk frother, either a steam jet or auto

Max 10K

Jura, sprada or seaco

Will be used for ca. 4 cups a day I reckon

There is clearly some knowledge on here. Can anyone who has been through this recently offer recommendations, Which one to get?

Gravitating towards the Jura ENA 9 one-touch at the moment...

The ENA is a nice machine - but you need to look carefully through the range to see which one has the features you need - and a colour screen is probably not needed. :). The one disadvantage of these is that you can only really set 1 strength of coffee per type, and if you and the wife like say a cappuchino, but you like it strong and she likes it weak, then your only alternative is to program a different (non cappa) button to the second setting, whihc means you lose that kind of coffee availability - which is can be an issue. I suggest you go and get it demonstrated in Strydom Park at the importer if you are in Jhb.

The super auto I have at home is a Siemens, and you just twist a dial to change strengths - this works if you like to change setting a lot between drinkers.

DeLongi also has some nice looking new machines in stainless steel at the moment - might be worth a look, and definately under you price limit.

The one feature you should look at carefully is if you need a milk container or not - the milk container is useful if you drink a lot of milk based drinks, if it is easily removable (and the machine has an autoclean of the nozzle) as in the delongi magnifica - this would mean moving up the range in Jura a bit from the ENA. If the machine does not have a nozzle autoclean and the container you might as well not have a container.

Personally I would avoid the sprada and saeco - the Jura is way better, but might not make your price limit.

GOG, get a Pixie for your holiday home with a seperate frother. Works out way cheaper. I saw the bags for the machines retail for about a grand if you wanna cart your machine around. I need to get one of the little containers with partitions to store my pods. Its fun though, I chucked all my pods into a Tupperware container so I end up rummaging through them like looking for your favourite sweet in the Quality Street or liquorice All Sorts packet.

Yeah, either the Pixie or the U machine. I dont need a bag as I'll just leave it there. I have been carting my big Nespresso around and its a "real pain in the butt" plus I think its only a matter of time before it gets damaged.

On the Crealto issue, I used my last pod this morning - think I am gonna cry.!

I even took a photo.....................for posterity and all...........rolleyes.gif

post-16119-0-11904000-1353855670_thumb.jpg

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Yeah, either the Pixie or the U machine. I dont need a bag as I'll just leave it there. I have been carting my big Nespresso around and its a "real pain in the butt" plus I think its only a matter of time before it gets damaged.

U

I'm am ever so grateful for this thread and also for your guys advice on the Nespresso Machine, The U Machine is also great value for money and flip, I'm hooked on my nespresso, have to have a cup every night and more than 3 per day on a weekend..... (Work coffee during the day) The new variations are also all good, tried all the flavours at V & A yesterday and again a macadamia last night.... Flip it's good coffee..... only too short, but I can live with that.....

Top of the pile is the Hazelnut thumbup1.gif

Strange how different tastes are,I am not so fond of the hazelnut, but I think worldwide its by far and away the most popular coffee blend / flavour, for me its still the coconut - maybe I am just odd.! biggrin.png