Coffee machine

post-4181-0-84413600-1355380732_thumb.jpg

post-4181-0-58583700-1355380746_thumb.jpg

Aeropress ya beaut

Still need to get myself one of these. Have the Nespresso and the Moka pots, but the Aeropress is still lacking in my collection...

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nespresso and Moka at home, aero at the office. Perfect except I want an aero for home and a nespresso for the office

Don't agree. I have a machine that fits this description perfectly. Pod inserted, switched on, button pressed, disappointing cup of coffee dispensed. At least it is consistent I suppose

It's OK, once you get a Nespresso you will score 50 points to help you in reading through the sarcasm veil thumbup1.gif

Still need to get myself one of these. Have the Nespresso and the Moka pots, but the Aeropress is still lacking in my collection...

Aeropress coffee is far superior in flavour to Moka pot in my opinion. A moka pot extracts at high tempreature, low pressure and for a fairly long time, which kind of breaks all three rules.

With an Aeropress you can control temperature and time, with a certain extent of pressure control(still quite low pressure).

I have two stainless steel Bialetti Moka pots, and although they make good coffee, I really enjoy the Aeropress results(same beans, same grinder) more.

We have bought a Nespresso machine, but I am not mad about the coffee. I have been drinking filter coffee for years now, so I would like to think I know a nice coffee when I taste it...

Does anyone know of alternative pods that can be used in the Nespresso machine? I heard somewhere that their patent is expiring/or has expired...

I still use my Moka sometimes. You can vary the extraction time by varying your grind. The temp and pressure are fixed unfortunately but by varying your grind you can brew vastly difereny tasting coffes using the same beans. A finer grind will take longer to come through and a coarser grind will come through quicker. Using different grinds you can vary your brew time anywhere from 15-30 seconds which will make a huge difference to how your coffee tastes...

We have bought a Nespresso machine, but I am not mad about the coffee. I have been drinking filter coffee for years now, so I would like to think I know a nice coffee when I taste it...

Does anyone know of alternative pods that can be used in the Nespresso machine? I heard somewhere that their patent is expiring/or has expired...

http://www.nexpod.com/

What flavours have you tried? Are you making lungo's or espresso's. Are you warming your cups up beforehand with hot water?

I have tried them all. I am a coffee drinker, so I haven't tried the espresso's. I am not sure if it is the heated milk that spoils the flavour for me....

I have tried them all. I am a coffee drinker, so I haven't tried the espresso's. I am not sure if it is the heated milk that spoils the flavour for me....

I think it might be the contrary...wink.png

I think it might be the contrary...wink.png

I am not sure yet what it is, but the Nespresso pods have a crappy aftertaste for me, almost like NesCafe instant coffee

Maybe you need to try a few other blends, or alternatively Checkers sells the Cafe Luxe brand pods which are compatible with Nespresso machines, there are four blends I think and a decaf.Nespresso is probably not keen on you using the generic pods in their machine so it may be prudent to check if it will effect your warranty, but I use them in my machine when I feel like something different and I have had no issues, although to me, Nespresso pods are better, but it might be worth a try for you.

Damn, just as a point of interest, I though CWC coffee bar make a great cup.

the coffee is rather boringly below average at that coffee spot