Coffee machine

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an app for the Aeropress. It's quite nifty. Free with the option to buy additional recipes but comes with about 7.

I am an iPad user but I assume you can get it for android as well

Yeah i got coffee nerd on android and its great... not a lot of recipes but cool enough to get you going with timing etc.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for a SA supplier of parts for CMA Astoria espresso machines and Mazzer grinders. Newish home setup needing some maintenance. Any leads?

Thanks, Ken

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for a SA supplier of parts for CMA Astoria espresso machines and Mazzer grinders. Newish home setup needing some maintenance. Any leads?

Thanks, Ken

The Astoria agent used to be in CT - near the waterfront somewhere - the local importer for Mazzer grinders is importalia.co.za - speak to Ben about who to service the Mazzers with in CT - Alternately, have a chat to Iteachcoffee on the hub - he will know who can service your stuff for sure - his name is David.

We have been looking at the Nespresso machines and I couldn't commit to a very expensive and limited range of coffee, so my wife found a deal on a Krups EA8200 Fully Automatic Espresso machine for R3500. I know some of you are not impressed with the Krups grinders, but at the price, I think I can deal with it.

1. Put beans in holder.

2. Fill up reservoir with water.

3. Place Cup

4. Press button.

5. Drink coffee

My wife and I both travel in Africa for business, so we will definitely be buying some of the exotic African varieties of beans.

Hi all.

I currently own two Nespresso machines - one at home and one at work. While the coffee is accceptable, I'd like to get something a little better for home (the work one will stay). I'm thinking the Rancilio SIlvia is what I'd like to get. Anyone own one that has had any hassles with it? How's the backup for these in SA, should anything go wrong?

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi all.

I currently own two Nespresso machines - one at home and one at work. While the coffee is accceptable, I'd like to get something a little better for home (the work one will stay). I'm thinking the Rancilio SIlvia is what I'd like to get. Anyone own one that has had any hassles with it? How's the backup for these in SA, should anything go wrong?

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you are an espresso drinker, then the Silvia will suit your needs. But if you are a milk based coffee drinker the Silvia, being a SBDU machine, might be frustrating due to the time delay when switching between espresso and steam mode.

More important than the machine is the grinder. Get the best grinder possible.

If you are an espresso drinker, then the Silvia will suit your needs. But if you are a milk based coffee drinker the Silvia, being a SBDU machine, might be frustrating due to the time delay when switching between espresso and steam mode.

More important than the machine is the grinder. Get the best grinder possible.

Thanks.

I like a nice espresso, but I also won't say no to a cappucino. So split about 60-40 there.

I have a Breville burr grinder and a Hario manual grinder from a previous attempt at making decent coffee at home using one of those cheaper machines with the presurrised filter baskets. I even modified the baskets to try get something decent out of the machine which didn't work too well, so I want to get a resonably decent machine this time around.

Edited by _bob_

Thanks.

I like a nice espresso, but I also won't say no to a cappucino. So split about 60-40 there.

I have a Breville burr grinder and a Hario manual grinder from a previous attempt at making decent coffee at home using one of those cheaper machines with the presurrised filter baskets. I even modified the baskets to try get something decent out of the machine which didn't work too well, so I want to get a resonably decent machine this time around.

I have the Sylvia, and I love it. Just my opinion, but you probably want a better Grinder.... They say spend about double on the Grinder that you spend on the machine... Obviously, that's just to prove the point.... The budget always dictates. I bought a rancilio rocky, but I wish a had bought something slightly better.

I have the Sylvia, and I love it. Just my opinion, but you probably want a better Grinder.... They say spend about double on the Grinder that you spend on the machine... Obviously, that's just to prove the point.... The budget always dictates. I bought a rancilio rocky, but I wish a had bought something slightly better.

Thanks. I'll most probably get a better one at some stage. Like you say, budget dictates, so may take a little longer to get something really good. In the meantime, I'll see what I can get from the ones I have.

What would you look at as being better than the Rocky you got?

A very capable and well priced machine for what you're getting is the Nuova Simonelli Oscar. It's a Heat Exchange machine, not a stainless steel body machine, but it's brilliant. Not sure what they go for now, but I got mine for R10000 if I remember correctly . I've had mine for almost a year and it hasn't missed a beat. Check out the reviews.