Coffee machine

Hi Guys

I'm going off the grid and the Simonelli is too power hungry so I am looking at alternatives.  Our drink of choice is cappuccinos. ( 8+ a day) 

My second in command is usually a Bialetti and a handheld milk frother, but the Bialetti is kind of a hassle to clean every time.

Any other recommendations? 

A small lever machine that can froth milk - quick to heat up, and not too power hungry.

On reflection - possibly a bean to cup machine? they are pretty power efficient, especially on standby - although the quality of capp will reduce, it should still be drinkable.

Edited by V12man

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this on another forum:

Jura F50 coffee machine in excellent condition. Just been serviced by agents. This machine is like new - made approx. 370 cups (to give you an indication they typically make 10,000 cups plus without any issue).

It has a large water tank, big bean hopper (around 200g), large grinds tray etc. so you don't need to add water / beans / clean tray too often like the smaller machines.

No box or manual - just the machine. New filter just installed. These were around R15k new. Selling price is R7500. Located in Woodmead, JHB.

http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,49503.0.html

That's a steal!

Just checked my F50 @ work. Its done 3880 cups, and its only been in to Jura twice. Once, it was operator induced....

I also make Red Cappucino's through it, which Jura don't recommend, but one a day doesn't seem to bother it at all.

Great machine.

A small lever machine that can froth milk - quick to heat up, and not too power hungry.

On reflection - possibly a bean to cup machine? they are pretty power efficient, especially on standby - although the quality of capp will reduce, it should still be drinkable.

A lever machine is the answer but they are quite thirsty in terms of draw... 

A lever machine is the answer but they are quite thirsty in terms of draw... 

True - but not compared to a 2 group machine..... :)

I suppose that one of the small thermoblock only machines would be most economical in "real" espresso machines - Ascaso have a couple of those I think.

True - but not compared to a 2 group machine..... :)

I suppose that one of the small thermoblock only machines would be most economical in "real" espresso machines - Ascaso have a couple of those I think.

Yeah compared to a 2 group sure, but I reckon that Pavoni uses as much as my Grimac ha ha... 

Isomac make those nice little machines as well

Yeah compared to a 2 group sure, but I reckon that Pavoni uses as much as my Grimac ha ha... 

Isomac make those nice little machines as well

The Pavoni is still missing a bit... any chance of a drop off soon?

Thanks, I'll PM you for their details. Got it for R4K after much haggling ^_^

It's a really good machine. Made by the same Swiss company that makes Jura and the high end Bosch, Siemens, AEG, Krups machines.

They have a rather interesting history in South Africa and, as a "brand" (more correctly a "Logo") they are only sold here in SA. They're imported and supported by a good bunch of guys in Midrand although your unit is an older model. PM me if you need their details.

May I ask what the sale price was?

Thanks, I'll PM you for their details. Got it for R4K after much haggling ^_^

R4000.00  :eek:

You're a bloody good haggler!

Great price for that machine.

The Pavoni is still missing a bit... any chance of a drop off soon?

Yeah I can try tomorrow, will you be in the office?

Yeah I can try tomorrow, will you be in the office?

While you're dropping stuff, you can swing by my place with a lever whenever you're free.

Okay, so I have it narrowed down to this puppy: https://za.jura.com/en/professional/machines/IMPRESSA-XS9-Classic-EU-13664

Going to have a look (and taste) next week and will then make the call. It's ridiculous, but over the next 36 months this change will likely translate into a R40k/year cost saving with servicing factored in, even though it costs R22k! Nuts.

You could also consider these as machines - also great quality

http://www.importalia.co.za/large_office_carimali.html

Was also thinking of a small lever machine, but can't find any on the internet.