Coffee machine

I had a cheaper brand before and it gave me endless problems.

Dumped it and got this.

Great machine. Jura

http://krisshopair.com/img/prod/200245_M6Bf3VtvO.jpg

Holy cr*p - lovely, but R22k - wow!

The cost would leave me such a bitter taste I'm not sure I'd ever be able to enjoy the coffee

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the same branch my wife and I visited with my mother and father, both passed away since then. Must be 20 years ago. A memorable day. Went to the Jorvik centre afterwards.

Had quite a few similar days visiting my folks - happy times

Clearly coffee is a much loved drink by the cycling fraternity :)

I popped into our local coffee store (sell the ground beans etc),Masterton's, here in PE and enquired about the Jura machine.I was absolutely amazed that the bloke I spoke to said they only have 2 machines there but they know nothing about them and I should rather check on the site for information.

Needless to say I have still not bought a coffee machine.The stores in PE that I have looked at really don't have much of a choice,De Llonghi (spelling !) seems quite popular but I'm not sure of the qulaity.

I have been offered a Melitta bistro demo model for R6500 but have never heard of it so a bit reluctant to go for it.

Three useful links for espresso machine reviews (and much more):

www.home-barista.com

coffeegeek.com

www.wholelattelove.com

I really urge you to taste the coffee before you buy a machine. Home machines seldom come close to what you get in a good coffee shop. If that's okay for you, cool, but otherwise try some of the other strategies suggested earlier.

They have cheaper ones too, and there showroom is in Somerset West.

No ... stop ... I don't need to know that ... ;)

My Aeropress arrived 10 minutes ago.

post-4006-0-36999000-1336721319.jpg

I see Aerobie who manufactures the Aeropress also manufacture the Aerobie Pro disc, which is one of the nicest frisbees out there, you just need to ensure that the beach is clear when you are playing as this thing flies 100m easily.

post-4006-0-26227700-1336721412.jpg

What was the total cost including postage? I am going to add that to my Father's Day list :clap:

Enjoy it!

A lot of people end up using differently to the instructions. Put the plunger into the housing just a little, then stand it on the end of the plunger so the open end of the housing is facing upwards like a cup. Make your coffee in that "cup", stir, attach the filter thingy with a fresh filter paper, invert over your mug, and push.

What was the total cost including postage? I am going to add that to my Father's Day list :clap:

Total cost of the Aeropress including overnight shipping from Slaapstad to PE was R360. I ordered some quality beans with it as well, with a roast date of 10 May, so I am going to have some good coffee this weekend!

My Aeropress arrived 10 minutes ago.

post-4006-0-36999000-1336721319.jpg

I see Aerobie who manufactures the Aeropress also manufacture the Aerobie Pro disc, which is one of the nicest frisbees out there, you just need to ensure that the beach is clear when you are playing as this thing flies 100m easily.

post-4006-0-26227700-1336721412.jpg

Nice ... enjoy!

Total cost of the Aeropress including overnight shipping from Slaapstad to PE was R360. I ordered some quality beans with it as well, with a roast date of 10 May, so I am going to have some good coffee this weekend!

Thanks. Time to start dropping hints at home...

Buy a bean to cup machine. I bought a de longhi last december. Cost about R7000 and i am enjoying every cup

How the flip does this thread get to be part of training and nutrition, no way on earth a coffee machine falls under nutrition

How the flip does this thread get to be part of training and nutrition, no way on earth a coffee machine falls under nutrition

A good cup of coffee should ALWAYS preceed or follow a training session. Do you call yourself a cyclist? Have you never heard of a coffee ride? Go read Rule # 56...

A good cup of coffee should ALWAYS preceed or follow a training session.

Do you call yourself a cyclist?

Have you never heard of a coffee ride? Go read Rule # 56...

Didn't say coffee was a no no just that coffee machine reviews dont belong under training and nutrition :huh:

Coffee and a rusk usualy goes down well second thing in the morning

No

Never heard of a coffee ride, is that like when you stop halfway for a barone and coke?