Cycle Lab

Wasbeer

I feel that if there is a problem I approach the manager. Have a chat to Steve in Cpt sure he will sort it out. We should be bringing these issues to the shop owners attention. Bringing it up here is all good and well but it does not solve the problem if there is one.

I tried that approach, made no difference. Still waiting for his call back...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one hate it if they guys hang around like flies while I'm browsing, but then I have also hung around at the counter waiting to ask for some help, and not getting any, that goes for alle bike shops, the bigger ones that is.

Sorry to say, but WE is not Mr Sociable, so don't expect to much. But I really do hope that he can pick thing up at the Bellville shop, they had a good thing going there way back, Northern Suburbs needs an active cycle shop.

It is their job to entertain all clientele ... including the just browsing crowd

If u good salesmen the browsing crowd will be changed to buyers !

I for one hate it if they guys hang around like flies while I'm browsing, but then I have also hung around at the counter waiting to ask for some help, and not getting any, that goes for alle bike shops, the bigger ones that is.

So, what we need is either an area where you can stand so the salesman knows you are ready to be be helped, or a paddle you can hold up that says "Help Me!"

I for one won't spend a single cent at cyclelab 4ways. I have tried on numerous occasions, only to find unfriendly unattentive staff and overpriced goods.

Bought a pair of gloves from Cycle Lab end March 2012, week ago found the seem is getting "undone", took it back to Bellville branch on Monday 30/4/12, said they must speak to rep, will replace Thursday (today). Let’s see.

As for service in Bellville, was attended every time I walked in.

Lab in Town - not much to say....

As for WE - have allot of respect for that man. Helped me and gave a lot of his time in design of my 29er.

NOW... If it is service you want you will vissit a shop in Durbanville. Hidden somewhere between Mica and some pub.

Cycle Funatic.

They have their Sh@t together boys and girls. (Mind that word.)

Go give them a try.

just my 2c.

Edited by Andro

I went to the cycle lab 4ways and found it to have very little in terms of choice.

I also found that their prices were extremely high and not very competitive considering the prices that certain online stores are giving.

Hi Guys,

I must say i received amazing service at the winelands branch, the sale people actually greeted me by hand and introduced themselves. They were very friendly and helpful.

The sales person that day was Annemie, and her service was also great. Becuase of the way all the staff offered help and assited, I will keep going back there.

Ok, another CL bashing

I have seen a few of these threads over the years and held out from making any comment. One day CL, next day this LBS, day after its another LBS and so on and so on.

Folk always like to take shots at the largest in any industry. Its how we are and its easy to do so. I know this from personal experiance in the company I work for. We do great work most days and have a good customer return rate, and then we have days where by we suck giant eggs and the clients put us in their sights and take pot shots and its a refund here, a grovel there etc. And quite frankly if you make a mess of things you deserve it. The service industry in this country for sure could learn a few lessons. No one is perfect all the time and if we only we could clone employee of the month.

We are all entitled to an opinion and expect high levels of service whether we are just browsing or itching to drop 50k on a new carbon what what with the lastest flash flash dripping with best whats it.

My own personal experiance was nothing of exceptional with CL Fourways. Great advice from Andrew and Nic, awesome follow up. Very quick and constant on email. Got a great deal and the follow up via sms and emails adds a nice touch. It was a fairly lenghty process that involved going around to just about every LBS in the north of Jhb, I took my time in deciding. I am on the mailing list for the MTB club rides. I dont even belong to the club. Its that little bit extra that makes it all worthwhile. They may be a premium brand and so is the company that I work for. but you pay for what you get. However do the research and spend wisely, I tell my clients the same thing

i have the opposite problem, they wont leave me alone - whenever i walk in there i get swamped by 4 guys at once!

while we're on cycle lab, i recently had a wheel trued. not only did they put all the other jobs aside when i said i needed my wheel back in a hurry, they also sent me an sms the second it was ready for collection, with the amount due and a contact person and number. great service!

Ok, another CL bashing

I have seen a few of these threads over the years and held out from making any comment. One day CL, next day this LBS, day after its another LBS and so on and so on.

Folk always like to take shots at the largest in any industry. Its how we are and its easy to do so. I know this from personal experiance in the company I work for. We do great work most days and have a good customer return rate, and then we have days where by we suck giant eggs and the clients put us in their sights and take pot shots and its a refund here, a grovel there etc. And quite frankly if you make a mess of things you deserve it. The service industry in this country for sure could learn a few lessons. No one is perfect all the time and if we only we could clone employee of the month.

We are all entitled to an opinion and expect high levels of service whether we are just browsing or itching to drop 50k on a new carbon what what with the lastest flash flash dripping with best whats it.

My own personal experiance was nothing of exceptional with CL Fourways. Great advice from Andrew and Nic, awesome follow up. Very quick and constant on email. Got a great deal and the follow up via sms and emails adds a nice touch. It was a fairly lenghty process that involved going around to just about every LBS in the north of Jhb, I took my time in deciding. I am on the mailing list for the MTB club rides. I dont even belong to the club. Its that little bit extra that makes it all worthwhile. They may be a premium brand and so is the company that I work for. but you pay for what you get. However do the research and spend wisely, I tell my clients the same thing

Good post! :thumbup:

When a person say "my LBS is the best", they do not know that there is plenty of other people out there that had a different experience with your preferred LBS. It comes down to how they handle the situation. :)

I've only had good experiences with them (Cyclelab CPT, perviously Northgate)

I have had one bad experience at westlake.

i have the opposite problem, they wont leave me alone - whenever i walk in there i get swamped by 4 guys at once!

while we're on cycle lab, i recently had a wheel trued. not only did they put all the other jobs aside when i said i needed my wheel back in a hurry, they also sent me an sms the second it was ready for collection, with the amount due and a contact person and number. great service!

Sounds like Cyclelab's Baghdad branch is the one to shop at.

I bet "your" LBS is putting more into cycling than CL? ;)

It's all about price in these tough times. And the majority of lbs can beat CL prices!