Sportsmans Warehouse

TiBones

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the one at retail crossing sux bad service and filthy. all boxes are torn there is chain lube on there shelves. No thanks ill skip

SW is for rugby boots,soccer balls,gum guards,hockey sticks,squash raquets,cricket balls,etc etc etc etc etc

NOT BIKES

I wanted to by a cassette tool and decided to use one on my many SW vouchers that is always given to me for birthdays. The bike mechanic told me that they don't sell cassette tools. He then tells me that he doesn't have one either. I ask him how does he remove the cassette on bikes that he fixes. He held up a hammer and a screwdriver. "One hit, is all it takes" he said.

:eek:

:lol:

I passed the same one in 4ways a while back....seemed their cycle clothing, shorts and shirts were fairly priced...First Accent stuff.??? where can this be gotten cheaper?? (I think the cycling pants were between R500 and R600, shirst around R300??)

Anything of real quality or just different than the masses.............Niner, hell maybe throw in a Cube

Wots a Niner? or a cube?

Trek won numerous TDF's

Merida won so many consecutive word cups, one cannot even keep track any more.

i am looking for a bike bag to take my bike on a holiday.it will be a once off.between the hub ,;lbs,cape ads,scumtree etc the best i get so far is a new bike bag at SW at under R1000. even if i dont like them that much i might have to go and buy from them.

i know a bike box is better , but for me to spend ballpark R 4000 for a once off trip is not worthwhile.

i am looking for a bike bag to take my bike on a holiday.it will be a once off.between the hub ,;lbs,cape ads,scumtree etc the best i get so far is a new bike bag at SW at under R1000. even if i dont like them that much i might have to go and buy from them.

Ask your LBS for a cardboard box they use for shipping the bikes from taiwan or wherever if you're flying or can fit it into a car

Anything of real quality or just different than the masses.............Niner, hell maybe throw in a Cube

What I find interesting is the new brands they have selected being Trek and Marida, which is what Cycle Lab are selling! MassMart (SW) taking on CL in a price war? on bike sales at least even if not for service and after sales !

Some cycling accessories are way cheaper at SW than my LBS.

For example: The Giant gel cork handlebar tape is R80 at SW and R120 at my LBS.

What I find interesting is the new brands they have selected being Trek and Marida, which is what Cycle Lab are selling! MassMart (SW) taking on CL in a price war? on bike sales at least even if not for service and after sales !

SW are not Massmart

@Tmobile investigated the box but the box will be opened and closed quite a few times.dont know it the box will last as it will going on the back of a bakkie for some times.also the box dont fit in the bakkie as my mtb buddy also uses a box,so i guess it will have to be SW.

SW are not Massmart

OK, my error, I picked up that they were from pezulu's post on 12 May 2012 at 12:40, "Sportsmans Warehouse, Outdoor Warehouse, Game, Makro and Dions Wired are all part of MassMart Stores, and as such sell much of the same stuff. People tend to think that because they are a large retail store their prices should be lower than your average bike shop."

@Tmobile investigated the box but the box will be opened and closed quite a few times.dont know it the box will last as it will going on the back of a bakkie for some times.also the box dont fit in the bakkie as my mtb buddy also uses a box,so i guess it will have to be SW.

I know that you can hire fancy bike bags from the likes of Cycle Lab etc.