dear mrclean, have you never heard of the north shore or wistler or wales? ...

debullet

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you'd rather he'd said 'our mountain biking is quite good, almost as good as Wales. For the sake of accuracy and international modesty I'd like to categorically state that several other nations have much better mountain biking than us'. Instead he just said we are the ****. Reckless and ignorant in the extreme.

I heard exactly what he said .Like somebody told me ext .He quoted somebody else . He has done more for cycling than you anyway

Well in light of the thread title I am happy to announce we have been on a fruitless rant, yet again.

Does it look like this dude knows anything about mountain biking ?

http://www.yourlogocollection.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/mr-clean-logo.jpg

mr-clean-jpg--jpeg-image--550x373-pixels--lrg.png

Well in light of the thread title I am happy to announce we have been on a fruitless rant, yet again.

Looks he did a lot of gym work... ;)

Does it look like this dude knows anything about mountain biking?

AWESOME!

More than the OP...

Is it only the Hubbers that are 'immediate expert technical riders' at their first events, or is that just my perception?

Not sure, but I got my skills as a kid playing outside riding my bike. I'll tell you how I see it.

I see it as all these new "dirt roadies" are people that did not play sports or go outside too much as kids. Now they have all the money to do these wonderful sports, but DO NOT have the ingrained skills that go along with most sports obtained as a kid.

Ha, my experience is similar. When we were kids we would ride our bmxes straight into the rooikrans to see how far we could go over the bars. The mtb learning curve doesn't feel too steep when you have a few years of that type of thing to fall back on :P

But to answer the question, yes we are all technical geniuses. I'm posting this on my way down the Tokai switchbacks. With no lights. Actually all of my posts are submitted whilst pedalling. I thought that was in the forum rules which you obviously haven't read??

Edited by Lucky Luke.

I bet Mr Clean could take Mr Min in 2 rounds or less...

Not if Mr Muscle has anything to say about it.....

......... yes we are all technical geniuses. I'm posting this on my way down the Tokai switchbacks. With no lights.

Hi Luke, at least now I know who it was that I overtook while doing a handsfree wheelie while posting.

Ha, my experience is similar. When we were kids we would ride our bmxes straight into the rooikrans to see how far we could go over the bars. The mtb learning curve doesn't feel too steep when you have a few years of that type of thing to fall back on :P

But to answer the question, yes we are all technical geniuses. I'm posting this on my way down the Tokai switchbacks. With no lights. Actually all of my posts are submitted whilst pedalling. I thought that was in the forum rules which you obviously haven't read??

I make my posts from a unicycle while riding switchback alley, I find with not having handlebars it makes it easier to type :whistling:

I feel that if you missed that skills boat as a kid, its a bit late, not saying you will never have anytechnicall skills, just makes it hell of a hard to suddenly start growing a pair.Suddenlyy there is so much more at stake and too many what ifs. In no way am I saying Im a Greg Minaar but I'm also not the Wilbur Kookemeyer of MTBing. I know my limits, its just some people limits/ skills don't extend past a hump on the trail.

Each to there own I suppose, and if they are having a jol, thats the main thing.