SRAM XX1 drive train

Hairy

That makes it a lot better to stomach.

Just out of interest - I would have to get a Novatec free-hub to fit my Novatec rear hub, correct?

Yip

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes it a lot better to stomach.

Just out of interest - I would have to get a Novatec free-hub to fit my Novatec rear hub, correct?

Yes, bad news though.

I don't think Novatec will be coming to the party very soon.

Zipp/Sram ,Hope and American Classic is 100 % confirmed.

Yes, bad news though.

I don't think Novatec will be coming to the party very soon.

Zipp/Sram ,Hope and American Classic is 100 % confirmed.

Yeah. They also don't seem to have much backwards compatability. Sigh. Hope rear hub it shall have to be.

But wait - I need a Hope for the front as well as my current Novatec can't be adapted to 20mm, and I'm currently using my DH wheel on my XCAMHT. So that's a solid R 2,750 right there. Shaite.

Its all too expensive. Now I need 4 bikes just to ride tokai ! Well according to the marketing departments anyway...

And the problem is ;)

• 2 weeks later...

SRAM Development and Training Center Tour

n order to develop the XX1 drivetrain for production, SRAM first had to understand the forces put through the components in the real world. In this case, the real world involved both riders of average skill and pro-level athletes that would push far past the boundaries of even the most advanced weekend warrior. Early prototypes were taken out to the mountain and the bike was fitted with multiple data acquisition units, including a Quarq power meter. This allowed the engineers to keep track of gear choice, cadence, power, and many other real-world variables. These metrics were then used to not only develop more rigorous experiments, but were also fed into specially designed test rigs that allowed technicians to duplicate those very same conditions for an interminable amount of time, including to the point of failure, while under observation in the lab.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/SRAM-Development-training-center-Tour-2012.html