Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you must remove the brakes to be cool;)

Hahahahahaha! Actually looked at an Xposure fork we have in the shop. Doing some flatland tricks at the moment, so will only lose them when I'm up to speed again.

Chromecast.

Plug it into an HDMI port on your HD TV and stream movies / youtube clips from your Android phone or Laptop. Still pretty new so Apps are still being developed for it.

http://www.google.co...mecast/#netflix

My xperia comes with an Hdmi cable and this allows me to do anything on the TV that I would do on the phone

Chromecast.

Plug it into an HDMI port on your HD TV and stream movies / youtube clips from your Android phone or Laptop. Still pretty new so Apps are still being developed for it.

http://www.google.co...mecast/#netflix

Cool toy! On my wishlist.

As an alternative, build up a XBMC Media PC. Supports DNLA streaming from Andriod out the box.. Really is a cool party trick to 'flip' the video on you phone to the TV (or music, or photos etc).

Edited by Dubber

My xperia comes with an Hdmi cable and this allows me to do anything on the TV that I would do on the phone

If I understand your post, your phone has to be connected via the cable to the TV?

DNLA straming can be done via wifi. Think Chromecast is also 'cableless'.

This just arrived in the country tonight.

post-858-0-31122900-1380653895_thumb.jpg

If one has a Samsung tab, smart phone, and Smart TV... would there still be a use for this?

or does "all-share" already do what the Chromecast offers?

If I understand your post, your phone has to be connected via the cable to the TV?

DNLA straming can be done via wifi. Think Chromecast is also 'cableless'.

Cool, just like the new smart tv's. Wireless is the way forward

If one has a Samsung tab, smart phone, and Smart TV... would there still be a use for this?

No, don't think it is needed then. This bridges the gap between old 'unsmart' tv's and the latest stuff.

If all your kit is new Samsung stuff (for example), you should be able to do it out of the box using 'Allshare Cast'. Other vendors have their propriotory apps to do similar stuff.

Even if all your stuff isn't the same brand, if they all support DNLA you most likely can do most of this - but may need a little tweaking here and there.

As Dubber says, you should be able to use all-share. If not, Chromecast is a cheap alternative.