Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before all this came out I ordered a Widgit chainring from Australia which is current on my 1x9 26er. Then these narrow wide chainrings came out. I prefer the 1x set up. So my 29er 2x10 chainrings are tired and need replacing.

I have been doing a bit of research about the 2 and have not found any real difference in the 2 other than that the Wolftooth has longer and thicker teeth.

Here is the deal clincher. I have to write smaller so sars/customs don't find me. :ph34r:

i get my USA purchased items mailed here free of any charges etc. so i paid $143 (R1400) for the 2 rings and i wait 2 weeks for it to arrive. That is allit costs.

Nothing dodgy I just work for the US Embassy in Pretoria so have mail priviledges.

Sounds good, saw the Widget for the first time yesterday and they look very well made.

Was just querying as the NW is cheaper than the wolf tooth but you got a good deal.

Enjoy.

I have been riding the Widgit since March with no issues. Never dropped a chain and the teeth look as good as new. I do about 350-500km a month on my 26er, which is my training bike, so the Widgit has done over 2500km with no issues. I paid about R1300 for it back then.

This past weekend I rode the 26er at Hakahana and mysteriously lost 2 chainring bolts during the race. But that is me not the chainring. I have not serviced my 26er since March. I just oil the chain and ride. My cassette still looks good and it has been on my bike since January. So that has probably done near 4000km.

1 advantage of the 1x system is there is less chain wear and cassette wear. That has been my experience so far.

I had a new 2x10 chainset put on my 29er in May this year. Did predominantly XCO racing with it and both chainrings are stuffed after 5 months. I suppose XCO is high intensity so definitely unforgiving on the drivetrain.

Nothing dodgy I just work for the US Embassy in Pretoria so have mail priviledges.

Heyyyyyy there budddy...... :D :D :D :D

How you doing?? :whistling:

So I caved... I bought a set of wheels with black rims... :ph34r:

But not just any black rims... Spank Spike 28's... and those in the know will realize the hubs more than make up for the colour of the rims...

Yes that's right... green hope pro 2 evo straight pulls! :devil:

post-10758-1381252501,1276.jpg

Edited by patches

But not just any black rims... Spank Spike 28's... and those in the know will realize the hubs more than make up for the colour of the rims...

Very nice..

Did they come off a similarly green accented Whyte before the frame was changed out?

Very nice..

Did they come off a similarly green accented Whyte before the frame was changed out?

of course! Us plebs cannot simply own green hope hubs!

Edited by patches

Ah. Happened to me and a mate. Morning in the LBS later and we finally got I back together... Good ol grip shi(f)t...

All sorted, shop replaced ( kudos to Jason at Olympic ) the gripshift and tomorrow I will be up and riding.

Pics to follow of 1 x set up.

Collected my Urge helmets from the PO this afternoon and got the shock of my life when it came to paying the bill.

I wasn't charged ANY duties on the helmets!!

I quietly handed over the VAT and disappeared just in case...

Collected my Urge helmets from the PO this afternoon and got the shock of my life when it came to paying the bill.

I quietly handed over the VAT and disappeared just in case...

I had a strange experience the other day at the PO,

Went to fetch my chain reaction order expecting to pay customs VAT,

Walked in, picked up the order walked out- No VAT, no duties, nothing!

So i too disappeared quietly just in case...

I quietly handed over the VAT and disappeared just in case...u

Urge helmets are the bomb. I got an enduro matic and the All mountain. I would struggle to ride with anything else now.

Eish going against your own rulz :w00t: time to lose the sig.. bos :whistling: