Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you've had to space the chain ring off the spider to allow the chain to fit...?

Jop was told spacing on the spider is a big no no!!

It uses those tabs for strength, I would be a bit wary!!

It arrives next week... loving this stage of his grown up Ness post-3056-0-13218700-1410114498_thumb.jpg

Looking at getting my son one of these,he's stil struggling with balancing without the training wheels.

post-54774-1410115688,1202.jpg

Looking at getting my son one of these,he's stil struggling with balancing without the training wheels.

Yeah, fully. Go for it. Mine's currently on a y-bike and looking at the way he's going now, he's getting good at the balance side of things. Also looking at the way okes are learning overseas, it's a more natural progression. Start with getting your balance down 100% and then only worry about pedalling. The balance is far more important.

With the training wheels, you're interrupting the balancing learning curve before they're even off 3 wheels, and telling them to learn to pedal first. And in order to remove the training wheels they need to... learn how to balance while pedalling.

Btw Ben - those little 12 inch bmx type bikes are brilliant. I had mine lying around until I was 12 or 13, just for stuffing around on. So don't worry about longevity...

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

My little man is also mixing it up between the Y-bike and the bicycle.

Hes got the pedaling down on the bicycle and the balancing on the Y-bike,but cant seem to bring the two together.

Thats why I want to get the balance bike,looks like the logical step inbetween.

cleats vs flats are completely a preference thing

when i started riding i had never ever even had my feet in shoes with cleats, i rode with flats for a while and i knew that id prefer cleats (they were dmr v8s though..)

so i got me some cleats and within riding around a car park and half falling into the pool i knew that they were gonna boost my riding.

they did.

Two broken carbon frames, one BMC fell apart, another didn't cope so well from hitting that van @ 60kph..!

Let's try this bad boy in aluminium...

post-40432-0-89567500-1410129271_thumb.jpg

Edited by tanneryboy

Daughters first bike.

Sweet...

That was also an option for mine, but what swung it in favour of the Muna was the positioning of the saddle - it can go just that little bit lower, which is important as my lightie is a bit of a shortarse