2012 94.7

Agteros

So I didn't do last year and haven't done a road race in 18months I'm in group E starting 6h51. Hoping to try do sub 2.40. Am I alone or are there gonna be okes willing to work? Who else is in group E? If you see a pink pig dangling off a saddle in front of you then come past and take the wind please. That is all.

I'm in E - will be in pink for Paige Project. 2:40 whistling.gif let's go for it. If you don't see me at the finish send the ambulance to the N14

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yah thats hectic, i am hoping for a sub 3 but will take a 2:59:59 smile.png but dont know if i am strong enough - guess we will see on the day, it will be a nice celebrate the sub 3 with a 2nd loop smile.png

but if i do break 3 i guess i will be way to dead to do another loop hahaha

Shouldn't be too hard from group D to do a sub 3. I managed a 2h50 last year from D, and I was nowhere near the front of the group.

Having said that, get into the pen early and near the front, and stay there for as long as you can.

I think my avatar gives away what bike I will be riding...

What group are you starting in for the first lap?

I'm starting "B" but still undecided about the 2nd lap.

If I do decide to do a 2nd lap it will be purely to see what's actually going on. Stopping at some of the watering points etc.

Shouldn't be too hard from group D to do a sub 3. I managed a 2h50 last year from D, and I was nowhere near the front of the group.

Having said that, get into the pen early and near the front, and stay there for as long as you can.

I think my avatar gives away what bike I will be riding...

i will look for you! have pm'd you

you going for seconds racing snake?

Been toying with the idea for the last 2 years but this year I actually think I have a chance of getting a 2nd lap in.

But it will depend on a number of factors like mechanical's (lack there of), weather, how I feel after the 1st lap.

You wanna join ?

Then you can push me on the N14 & heart break hill twice in 1 day clap.gif clap.gif

I have missed the last two 94.7 due to the Hogsback event, and not done a road event since last years Argus - so I am DD group. I am used to slogging it out in the heat of the day on mtb events, so not stressing.

Looking forward to giving my newly built Stans Alpha/ Hope Pro III/Hutchinson tubeless wheels a spin. And trying and 11-28 cassette to help keep the cadence up on them hills. (was 12-25).

Edited by kosmonooit

Same boat, dude. D group, which means we will have to pull a 2h55 or better to make it back to the start in time for lap 2...

I think that's pretty doable. On last year's (apparently harder) route, over 50% of D managed a sub-3 and almost 30% did sub-2:55.

If you miss the last batch, you can still shortcut through the suburbs and rejoin the route after one of the cut-off points. I did that a couple of years ago and joined up by Dunkeld.

I'm in E - will be in pink for Paige Project. 2:40 whistling.gif let's go for it. If you don't see me at the finish send the ambulance to the N14

I'm in E but am just hoping for a Sub 3 (2:59:59 will do), I don't think I am in any shape to help get you guys to a 2:40 but good luck and most of all, ENJOY!!

Been toying with the idea for the last 2 years but this year I actually think I have a chance of getting a 2nd lap in.

But it will depend on a number of factors like mechanical's (lack there of), weather, how I feel after the 1st lap.

You wanna join ?

Then you can push me on the N14 & heart break hill twice in 1 day clap.gif clap.gif

You got a new chain so you will be fine. Go out there and kick butt on the first lap then have a chilled second lap and overtake some of them choc cow people. Weather will be like Shova weather - just better cause its Jozi. As for how you feel after.. Just have a steak the night before. tongue.png

So I didn't do last year and haven't done a road race in 18months I'm in group E starting 6h51. Hoping to try do sub 2.40. Am I alone or are there gonna be okes willing to work? Who else is in group E? If you see a pink pig dangling off a saddle in front of you then come past and take the wind please. That is all.

I am in E too. anything under 2h45 will suit me nicely. I will be in black kit riding a yellow Raleigh. w00t.gif

I am also thinking of a second lap but starting in G. Will have to hammer it. Will decide the moment I cross the finish line. Wanted to do a second lap for years. I am not the fittest at the moment but sure think I will be Monday morning if I do a second lap ;)

My only issue with a second lap is that by the time 1pm comes around you will be on the N14 as opposed to sitting drinking a cold hansa and eating a wors roll...

You got a new chain so you will be fine. Go out there and kick butt on the first lap then have a chilled second lap and overtake some of them choc cow people. Weather will be like Shova weather - just better cause its Jozi. As for how you feel after.. Just have a steak the night before. tongue.png

New chain, new cassette & new (2nd hand) wheels but same old legs.

Thankfully this is a flat race clap.gif clap.gif

If the weather is dry & wind free it will help and I'll need much more than a steak.

Will also have to find some sun screen along the route.

New chain, new cassette & new (2nd hand) wheels but same old legs.

Thankfully this is a flat race clap.gif clap.gif

If the weather is dry & wind free it will help and I'll need much more than a steak.

Will also have to find some sun screen along the route.

Yes... if it was a training ride or a real race, you would be in trouble with your chain.

I am also hoping for dry and wind free but would like cool and overcast.

Sunscreen can be arranged - will tell my contacts at half way (Moray drive corner) that if a strange Portuguese dude asks for sunscreen, its ok to give to you. whistling.gif

So you need an EPO injected steak? Eish dude, just as well its a flat race!

I am also hoping for dry and wind free but would like cool and overcast.

So you need an EPO injected steak? Eish dude, just as well its a flat race!

Let's hope the weather grants our request.

Tell you what, you have the steak and I'll just take the EPO with a pint of blood. Is that what works ???