2012 94.7

Agteros

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We rode with Chris Froome doing the double for Joel Stransky's Lumohawk charity. With some pushing we managed to get our whole group across the line in 2h56 for the first lap and then headed out for a more leisurely second lap but with a lot more pushing this time. I'd forgotten how 'messy' it is at the back of the field - broken people and bikes everywhere and some real chops with no respect for other cyclists or the risks they take pushing through non-existent gaps.

We rode with Chris Froome doing the double for Joel Stransky's Lumohawk charity. With some pushing we managed to get our whole group across the line in 2h56 for the first lap and then headed out for a more leisurely second lap but with a lot more pushing this time. I'd forgotten how 'messy' it is at the back of the field - broken people and bikes everywhere and some real chops with no respect for other cyclists or the risks they take pushing through non-existent gaps.

Got some nice pics of your group. Busy with all the downloads at the moment. pics will be up by this afternoon

http://www.capcha.co.za

Hey W@nna-BE... How did you go in the end?

Hey StevieL!

nice of you to say HI!

Sorry i missed you at the start, I was a few rows from the front, i had to go back to get my water bottles from the car,so i was a little later then i was planning....

i finished in 3:00:58 damn chain came off on the bumpy downhill on Malibongwe, and struggled a little to get it back on, lost the bunch and the 2 after mine sad.png

the illusive sub 3! so close, but yet so far!!!!

i see you got your sub 3 ! well done!

Edited by W@nna-BE

Sean32.

Hope you beat the chop to the line.

What time do you think he finished, can get his name from the results.

use his race number to look for pics of him on action photo........

And while you at it, case it with SAPS -

IMO he has no case, he assaulted the dude first, not once but twice by his own admission, whether it was a touch or a bash, he laid hands first, if the dude was riding like a tjop, Sean should've moved away.

IMO he has no case, he assaulted the dude first, not once but twice by his own admission, whether it was a touch or a bash, he laid hands first, if the dude was riding like a tjop, Sean should've moved away.

I disagree strongly with you. But you are entitled to your own views and opinions.

Did you get the rider's number?

The CSA rules regarding support vehicles are very strict.... The team or in this case the rider could get in big k*kkas.

It doesn't seem like CSA cared much for the licensed bunches besides Elite men and ladies. No commissaires, no line judges, no frame numbers even for some of the bunches. Turning into a pure fun ride. How can you not have at least some policing in bunches that receive prize money?

My 2nd 94.7 and 1st time racing... started in group GG and finished in 3h19clap.gif ... Happy with it... the heat on the N14 was hectic...

I can only assume you haven't done much bunch riding in a fast group. Touching someone to let them know they're too close is common practise. Secondly just 'moving away' isn't that easy without compromising your position and others around you. Either way responding to this by hitting someone is unacceptable and would lead to a suspension or a ban had this happened in the elite group.

I can only assume you haven't done much bunch riding in a fast group. Touching someone to let them know they're too close is common practise. Secondly just 'moving away' isn't that easy without compromising your position and others around you. Either way responding to this by hitting someone is unacceptable and would lead to a suspension or a ban had this happened in the elite group.

Agreed !

he could not move without taking out others around him , I'm so tired of arrogant cyclist !!

He needs a DQ ,