2012 94.7

Agteros

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first 94.7 exciting! Have no idea what to expect. Flying up the day before and hoping for the best...

Hi guys. I'm 15 and I really want to be a professional when I am older. What sort of time should I be looking for if I know I could be a pro?

Hi guys. I'm 15 and I really want to be a professional when I am older. What sort of time should I be looking for if I know I could be a pro?

Under 3 hours at the least but actually impossible to answer with any authority. Certain cyclists are very talented when they're young but never achieve anything as pro's, whilst some top pro's only started riding seriously in their late teens. Just go out there, do your best and keep training hard. If you're good enough you'll find our soone enough. No race result as a 15 year old is going to give you that answer.

Under 3 hours at the least but actually impossible to answer with any authority. Certain cyclists are very talented when they're young but never achieve anything as pro's, whilst some top pro's only started riding seriously in their late teens. Just go out there, do your best and keep training hard. If you're good enough you'll find our soone enough. No race result as a 15 year old is going to give you that answer.

Perhaps as a 15 year old you should be measuring yourself against the rest of the U16 category, and not worry about measuring yourself against the pros.

And here I am considering doing the race on my mtb with knobblies. I have no idea what kind of time I would be looking at

did a 4h20min last year on a 14.5kg full suspension 29er. wasnt going for a time, but rather a finish.

so I'm sure you can do a sub 4h.

Hi guys, I am from Cape Town, done an argus or two before, in about 6hrs30 (give or take).

Will I be able to finish the 94.7? How will the altitude affect my time ?

I see the route is on a highway. What is there to see, other than concrete? Most importantly how do you replish the beer keep hydrated ? Do you wear masks to keep the pollution out ?

:P

Hi guys, I am from Cape Town, done an argus or two before, in about 6hrs30 (give or take).

I see the route is on a highway. What is there to see, other than concrete? Most importantly how do you replish the beer keep hydrated ? Do you wear masks to keep the pollution out ?

Not much more than concrete to see in JHB. Don't worry too much about the pollution, you might be sick for a couple of days after the race due to it but don't worry it will wear off. Biggest problem is the wild animals, this is Africa after all. :whistling:

Not much more than concrete to see in JHB. Don't worry too much about the pollution, you might be sick for a couple of days after the race due to it but don't worry it will wear off. Biggest problem is the wild animals, this is Africa after all. :whistling:

seeing a wild tiger in africa would be sooooo fully radicall awesomeness

Slowbee... in town there are plenty animals. Just dont get a flat there cause they may eat you. They are family of the rat but are MUCH bigger. :nuke:

And here I am considering doing the race on my mtb with knobblies. I have no idea what kind of time I would be looking at

How long is a peace of string .

its dependant on you , your speed , strengh ect .......

I did it last year on a mtb with knobblies and it was a single speed in 3h20. so your time will be dependant on your abilaty and fitness.

seeing a wild tiger in africa would be sooooo fully radicall awesomeness

too bad the route misses Boksburg, plenty individuals in tiger outfits :ph34r:

How long is a peace of string .

its dependant on you , your speed , strengh ect .......

I did it last year on a mtb with knobblies and it was a single speed in 3h20. so your time will be dependant on your abilaty and fitness.

you're such a show off.................... :whistling:

Nice time Yster

I will not embarrass my beast and put on slicks! Knobblies all the way!

Beer, tequila and Jaeger stops are mandatory!

If you not going to win it, you may as well enjoy it!

Anyone keen to help cart along a case of beers?

Hey you must have tried real hard to do it in 6.30.... :blink: My son did it in 6.03 when he was 11 on a little bike......... :w00t: