Cyclist killed in front of his Son.

Big H*

Gents..there is no excuse to kill or abuse other people, refrence to colour or race makes no sense..can anyone say for certain that the poor victims in this case was attacked just because they are white?? What about the fact that the vast majority of leasure cyclists (the ones with the expensive bikes) are white..and the fact that the vast majority of people living in SA are black...and therefore the vast majority that is poor..will also be black? And therefore the vast majority of criminals that steal because they are poor (which is a pretty big driver for crime), will also be black? I do not condone any form of crime or violance against anyone irrespective of race or colour, I'm sure if someone does the research you will find that allot of black people gets killed and robbed by black people.. The fight should be against crime and criminals...no differentiation between colour or race should be made...the fact that the goverment is not doing their bit..that is a different debate that should not be had on this thread..

We are all very angry and fed up with the state of affairs in this country..yet we all tend to rather build a wall..(Me included)..

I just pray we can somehow work together to get rid of the criminals in this country...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess without "us" invading South Africa centuries ago, it would have been an economic powerhouse by now just like our neighbors especially and the rest of Africa have proven.

I mean the new regime have proven itsself mighty effective for building its own weatlh etc in the past 18 years.

That is obviously why it needs laws to pretect itself from the 9% minority despite being in control for so long.

You get tired of "apartheid this and apartheid that" because you life was not afffected in the least during and from apartheid. Let me be clear apartheid is no excuse, not for a second, for crime and violence we see today. No amount of time will ever correct apartheid, Life will get better for the previoulsy disadvantaged slowly but surely but the legacy will always linger. Have a look at the US & Canada today or how Europe underdeveloped and undermined Africa over the centuries.

Not as long as everything keeps getting blamed on the previous regime or the attrocities of the past.... The "Legacy" will always linger because it is constantly refferred to by the current leadership (and I use that term leadership VERY loosely!)

The funny thing about the US and the rest of them is that they had the same issues as us. There are still places in the US that segregate colour. Take a drive down south sometime.

You get tired of "apartheid this and apartheid that" because you life was not afffected in the least during and from apartheid. Let me be clear apartheid is no excuse, not for a second, for crime and violence we see today. No amount of time will ever correct apartheid, Life will get better for the previoulsy disadvantaged slowly but surely but the legacy will always linger. Have a look at the US & Canada today or how Europe underdeveloped and undermined Africa over the centuries.

What is this legacy of apartheid we always hear about (its as annoying as hearing the word 'grassroots'!) because to me it seems to change to suit the argument. And to be honest if Africans let the europeans take control of them then whose fault is that? The whiteys were most certainly outnumbered so whats the excuse?

So you are telling me that in 2045 I will still have to endure the old apartheid excuse when I am robbed and my elderly wife is raped?

Condolences to the family and I feel for that poor boy witnessing his father's death for a bicycle and a pair of shoes. It's just plain sick!!

While looking at this article on News24 and quickly browsing over a few of the other headlines (corruption, murder, patient dieing after waiting 19hrs for ambulance, not being able to get hold of 10111, the list goes on) I am really saddened to see the state that our country is in.

We have a beautiful country and I returned to this country after 5 years in the UK to make a life here, and when I read all these articles and hear the constant bad news on the radio it scares me to bring up my little 3 year girl and continue to grow my family in this country where we constantly feel the need to look over our shoulders and live in fear of what might happen next and if something does happen will we be able to get the help we deserve.

I have always thought that every country has its crime related issues and SA is not for sissies but things in SA just seem to be getting worse and worse and this is making me consider getting out of here and heading for a safer location to grow my family and settle down and be able to go for a ride and not worry about getting attacked!!

That's my rant for the day...

Condolences to the family and I feel for that poor boy witnessing his father's death for a bicycle and a pair of shoes. It's just plain sick!!

While looking at this article on News24 and quickly browsing over a few of the other headlines (corruption, murder, patient dieing after waiting 19hrs for ambulance, not being able to get hold of 10111, the list goes on) I am really saddened to see the state that our country is in.

We have a beautiful country and I returned to this country after 5 years in the UK to make a life here, and when I read all these articles and hear the constant bad news on the radio it scares me to bring up my little 3 year girl and continue to grow my family in this country where we constantly feel the need to look over our shoulders and live in fear of what might happen next and if something does happen will we be able to get the help we deserve.

I have always thought that every country has its crime related issues and SA is not for sissies but things in SA just seem to be getting worse and worse and this is making me consider getting out of here and heading for a safer location to grow my family and settle down and be able to go for a ride and not worry about getting attacked!!

its getting worse and worse because the president, although he may have a willy to which a painting may attest, certainly does not have the balls to start fixing it....!

+1

@scudd, Judging by your profile, we don't know if you are a man or a woman, male or female, where you live or how old you are. Which means that either you have no idea what you are talking about or you have all the answers but you are too scared to share them. Some of us were unfortunate enough to be brought up in "that" era and we had nothing to do with the atrocities of the past. We were however required to go and fight on behalf of our country for the safety of others. These are the ones that are rightfully p!ssed off that we are being blamed for **** we had nothing to do with. It angers me that a man has lost his life (in front of his son) for the sake of a bicycle. I bet you that given the chance, he would gladly have handed over his bikes, shoes, watch and wallet, but my guess is that he wasn't given that choice.

And for the record, I voted yes in the referendum.

My sex, age, gender and residential profile is irrelevant. It is far too convenient for people in general to say that I had nothing to do with the past and then cocoon up in their closed world A good start would be to recognise the past, really understand the impact and then do something small in your life to help heal the huge divide. Can you imagine the collective result if we all have this attitude.

its getting worse and worse because the president, although he may have a willy to which a painting may attest, certainly does not have the balls to start fixing it....!

Agreed, as long as the priorities are not in the right place (and the right people don't have the balls) things will continue to go downhill. And by priorities I mean look at how much attention and focus was put into that painting but a man gets killed in front of his son and it will make headlines for a day and then forgotten about. :cursing:

Africa underdeveloped? Compared to what? If it wasnt for Europeans, the locals would still be spearing animals... FACT!!!

Oh dear oh dear, you are almost incorrigible.

My sex, age, gender and residential profile is irrelevant. It is far too convenient for people in general to say that I had nothing to do with the past and then cocoon up in their closed world A good start would be to recognise the past, really understand the impact and then do something small in your life to help heal the huge divide. Can you imagine the collective result if we all have this attitude.

I think most people have this attitude (or had anyway) but things are not getting any better here....

its sad that this continues and nothing gets done about the brutal murders in this beautiful country of ours.

Its more important to march to a art gallery about a painting titled the Spear than for govt to focus on the many of its residents losing their lives in violent crime.

Bring back the death penalty !!!

I have built up a profile of you in the abscence of the details. The problem here is not the recognition of the past. That has already been documented. It is not the reconcilliation because that is never going to happen as long as there are "leaders" that keep on bringing it up the past and showcasing it in a bad light. It has happenned, it was a sh!tty thing to do but innocent people are suffering because the "affected" ones want a present to say sorry. I say again that I had nothing to do with it and unfortunately I am all out of gift cards.

Apartheid is like a scab. As ong as you keep picking it it, it won't get better. If you leave it alone, it will heal and the great divide as you call it will be closed. I know a lot of people that are willing to leave that scab alone. The problem is that the rest of the majority have an itch that they need to scratch.

Not as long as everything keeps getting blamed on the previous regime or the attrocities of the past.... The "Legacy" will always linger because it is constantly refferred to by the current leadership (and I use that term leadership VERY loosely!)

The funny thing about the US and the rest of them is that they had the same issues as us. There are still places in the US that segregate colour. Take a drive down south sometime.

That is my point they had the same issues as us and the problems persist today and will for a long time. There is no place in the US that segregate against colour, certainly not legislated segregation, in attitude yes, much like in SA. And I've been to the US several times.

Oh dear oh dear, you are almost incorrigible.

Is what I said factually incorrect in any way?

No amount of time will ever correct apartheid

Likely as no amount of time will ever correct the state of racism in South Africa, and please don't blame Apartheid for it.

Can you imagine the collective result if we all have this attitude.

I can actually , it's almost like the collective attitude that says the white man needs to pay and pay back big time as they don't really belong here in any case.

Yip ,I get it.