What's up with all the newbies?

Hairy

I disagree - you may have something real to sell at a good price. You win some, you lose some.

Then you should "earn" your stripes to post adds.

Joe, you are only 37 posts in, so do not know the history we have had with fraudsters before. This would be a small way to ensure that there is a "real person" on the otherside. That being said it is not a complete safety net.

Edited by Hairy

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugger that. Gumtree style ads rule. Everyone should try and sell overpriced crap like this one:

http://www.thehubsa....m&item_id=30270

See this is the **** im talking about , aaarrgggggg .

ok im having a bad day and im tipped off by anything , time to chill the fuckout .

Yeah. Certain forums here (classifieds, tech, stuff like that) should be restricted until you have "x" amount of posts AND "x" amount of 'likes'

holly crap , am i living in the stone ages !

whats this " likes " you talk off .........?

ooooohhhhh , im a dumb ass !

got it !

I disagree - you may have something real to sell at a good price. You win some, you lose some.

I prefer the ThinkBike forum view. Unless you are a paid up member of Think Bike, although you can access the classifieds, you may not post there. And a paid member posting on behalf of someone else has the post removed. - Ok, they may have loosened up a bit recently, but you get the idea...

And several other forums I am on, restrict your access to certain areas until you have built up a reputation. It does work.

Then you should "earn" your stripes to post adds.

Joe, you are only 37 posts in, so do not know the history we have had with fraudsters before. This would be a small way to ensure that there is a "real person" on the otherside. That being said it is not a complete safety net.

Fair point - You are right. Right now I am dealing with dodgy Nigerians as we speak. Sick to death of it... but unfortunately in this day and age there is a lot of fraud.

Look at the bottom right corner of any post, you have the option to 'like' what was posted...

Ha ha, good example. What do you reckon this is worth? Perhaps we should make him a reasonable offer.

Offer him R1500 for the saddle, if he throws the rest of the bike in for free?

I run a google group whereby if anybody want to join the list I always ask them questions like what bike they ride, where they ride, etc before granting access to the list.

Out of the last ten or so requests to join only one person has provided the info .. the rest not. I recon they were rather shady

Look at the bottom right corner of any post, you have the option to 'like' what was posted...

figured it out ,

(hanging my head in shame , with my hand on it ).

But it is yella and blu!! how could it be crap!! You judge wrongly..... :w00t:

It looks like a very effective contraceptive though :ph34r:

I run a google group whereby if anybody want to join the list I always ask them questions like what bike they ride, where they ride, etc before granting access to the list.

Out of the last ten or so requests to join only one person has provided the info .. the rest not. I recon they were rather shady

Good call. When I was selling my laptop, I had people asking if they could just come to my house and buy it. I said that I would meet them in a shopping centre and suddenly they were no longer interested.