Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Sky and Wiggins were nothing but dominant. Well deserved victory. The fact that the Tour was less exciting than previous years are attributable to firstly; Sky being so dominant, which also means that their competitors weren't strong enough to rival them, and secondly, the route suited Wiggins perfectly. With over 100 km of TT'ing no one really stood a chance. It took the emphasis away from the high mountains where everyone expects to see the fireworks. Instead Wiggins brought all the fireworks to his TTs!

I really enjoyed Sagan! He is a prolific sprinter and is capable of holding on to that Green jersey for many more years to come. Winning it in his first year is something special. Good ol' Hollywood Voeckler also put on a good showing! Man, he really suffered and made it count. Jens was again legendary and went all out almost everyday! What a rider! I really hope he sticks around for at least one more year!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Sport had a good piece and interview with wiggens. If you can, watch at 12. Hes a cool guy. Few of the tour winners I can say I like.

Sagan with his two wheeled green Porsche.

Wonder if he will get his four wheeled one.

http://cdn3.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2012/07/22/2/bettiniphoto_0117905_1_full_600.jpg

Final Points Standings

1. Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Cannondale 421pts

2. André Greipel (Ger) Lotto Belisol Team 280

3. Matthew Harley Goss (Aus) Orica GreenEdge 268

4. Mark Cavendish (GBr) Sky Procycling 220

5. Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Procycling --

Edited by nickc

Wiggins is a traditionalist, accepted a few yellow bits of the bike before today but left the full yellow for the end.

Notice the black shorts with the yellow jersey? Cav too, black shorts with the rainbow jersey. They are steeped in tradition and know the rules.

Rule #15

Black shorts should also be worn with leader’s jerseys.

Black shorts, or at least standard team-kit shorts, must be worn with Championship jerseys and race leadership jerseys. Don’t over-match your kit, or accept that you will look like a douche.

So this would be breaking the rules?

post-6252-0-95254800-1343025403.jpeg

Wiggins reaction to lady singing national anthem: CLASSIC!

holey moley, ras dumisani eat your heart out.

watched two award presentation speeches.

Wiggins had a lot of time to think about his, and must have spent most of the time learning alternatives to the words 'w@nkers, (unt5, fu(k'. I wonder who got drunk last night?

Ernie had an unexpected victory and delivered a legendary yet humble praise that came straight from the heart.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7lpiz71yd1qfv178o1_500.jpg

Wiggins and his laaitie doing a victory lap

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7km7mteWp1qj5qufo1_500.gif

Some post victory bromance