Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

I guess. And being a geriatric, he can remove his false teeth for better service?

jeez you guys are rude about age - who towed Cadel up to the front of the bunch in the last few k's yesterday huh?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jeez you guys are rude about age - who towed Cadel up to the front of the bunch in the last few k's yesterday huh?

Cancelara?

Reputations in pro cycling are earned,

I can't stand Evans, so agree with you all the way.

I reckon Sagan will earn a reputation too, from us and his fellow cyclists.

From his fellow competitors it might not be positive.

At the moment he has people going gaga over him, if he is still around in the next five years with the same, wait make that better form, he might by then have earned his place and respect in the peloton..

Which reminds me, when Lady Gaga came out with Poker Face some okes were going mal for her, till it wore off.

Been watching Tdf since 1990, so I think I have seen a few.

On the wheelsuck note, how many top contenders sit safely in the bunch until the attacks come? Is this called wheelsucking? or Tactics?

Cadel has never had to launch attacks on climbs because he has been one of the strongest Time Trialers, and that is his edge.And lets face it he isnt the best climber there, he doesnt have the acceleration to attack like a contador, so why should he? BUT, when push comes to shove and he has had to work to defend his chances he has. I dont call that wheelsucking I call that boxing clever and playing to your strength.

Yip. :thumbup:

Sagan is an inexperienced cocky bastard but, he is bloody good indeed. If he gets the right coaching/mentorship from his team he'll be a force to reckon with in the future. And I agree that he would never match the likes of Greipel,Cav,Goss ,Kittel on a quick flat finish but i'm sure he'll try his best. As for the wheel sucking on Fabian, well that pro racing right there.

Yes let’s see today but I am pretty sure he is going to struggle at the high speed finishes. Yesterday he was in there for the intermediate points sprint which was a small tester for most and he looked slow when Cav,Goss and Greipel took off. Maybe he was saving he's legs for the final sprint but then why even get involved in the first place?

As for Sagan,I like the guy but want to make a prediction.

....and did you know he is only 22????!!! Yup Paul Sherwen mentioned that 35 times at the end of yesterdays stage!!

....and did you know he is only 22????!!! Yup Paul Sherwen mentioned that 35 times at the end of yesterdays stage!!

Paul Sherwen is 22 ???

:devil: :devil:

I like Sparticus as much as I respect any pro cyclist but there is some levels of Fanboy adoration in here that would usually warrant a restraining order!

Paul Sherwen is 22 ???

:devil: :devil:

22 years beyond his use by date. Both him and Liggitt need to move on.

This thread needs the words of the other Sagan: We are like butterflies, who flutter for a day and think it is forever.

Has to be said the kid Sagen can deffo win out on his own. Don't doubt that. 1.7kms out in the 2010 Paris Nice and left the peloton to play catch up to the line.

http://youtu.be/azsjYk_iCOM

Edited by hellocolour

in WTF news for next year...

"Will Andy and Fränk Schleck ride for Team Alpecin next year – a hair-care product which advertises “Doping for the Hair”, and whose spokesman is Jan Ullrich, retired but serving a doping suspension?"