Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

The chirp on another cycling forum is:

Not US Postal, but UK Postal.

:-p

More seriously, I expected Tejay to be of greater support to Cadel.

Ironically, other than Froome, a couple of Aussies were pacing Wiggo up the climb!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The chirp on another cycling forum is:

Not US Postal, but UK Postal.

Domestiques weren't allowed stage wins at US Postal.

For the power data geeks:

“I was dictating the pace, I just wanted to keep a high threshold and not go too much into the red,” Wiggins said. “I know that if someone wanted to attack off that pace they’d have to be going quite a bit more, which I know is not really sustainable because we were riding at 470 to 480 watts.”

Edited by Puncheur

For the power data geeks:

“I was dictating the pace, I just wanted to keep a high threshold and not go too much into the red,” Wiggins said. “I know that if someone wanted to attack off that pace they’d have to be going quite a bit more, which I know is not really sustainable because we were riding at 470 to 480 watts.”

wiggins is an arrogant prick. His attitude stinks. This comment reinforces it. I hope froome drops him big time on the next climbs...

Well done, Froome! There was a comment from McEwen yesterday commisserating with Hunter about his injury and reminding him of a day during the TdS last year when they were talking to Froome about his worries about not having news on a contract!

RSNT's woes continue with Kloeden having a go at his team management yesterday...

Well done, Froome! There was a comment from McEwen yesterday commisserating with Hunter about his injury and reminding him of a day during the TdS last year when they were talking to Froome about his worries about not having news on a contract!

RSNT's woes continue with Kloeden having a go at his team management yesterday...

That whole team is about to pull the Schleckchute!

In Saturday morning’s LÉquipe, Nibali was afforded a full-page splash in which he declared "Wiggins doesn’t impress me." Asked if he had revised his opinion after spending the afternoon at such close quarters to the Englishman, Nibali allowed himself a smile. "My impression was that the strongest acceleration came from Froome and not from Wiggins," he said

Froome is a future TdF winner, as soon as he is on a tem wher he is number one, he will help Wiggens try and win this year, everyone is going on about Wiggens vs Evans this year, but I have a feeling neither will win. Wiggens cut ally came cross nicely in the interview yesterday, amazing how when a talented bike rider with a bit of an attitude is called an arrogant prick

everyone is going on about Wiggens vs Evans this year, but I have a feeling neither will win.

Ditto

Who is your Zim dollar on?

My head is with Nibali or Taaramae my heart is with Menchov or Froome.

Taaramae And Menchov, I think don't have the team to back them up, Froome will have to be bridesmaid to Wiggens, Cadel is the better tactitian, so my real answer I guess is: I don't know, but my gut says not Wiggens or Evans. Pretty much a politicians answer to your question.

Froome is a future TdF winner, as soon as he is on a tem wher he is number one, he will help Wiggens try and win this year, everyone is going on about Wiggens vs Evans this year, but I have a feeling neither will win. Wiggens cut ally came cross nicely in the interview yesterday, amazing how when a talented bike rider with a bit of an attitude is called an arrogant prick

Are you mad? NO other rider stands a chance against these 2 this year. These okes are the men to beat , nibs will try but will get smoked on the TT by them.

I want wiggins to win but i think cadel is a better climber.

I wish Contador was there that guy makes the tour interesting (doping aside)

My head is with Nibali or Taaramae my heart is with Menchov or Froome.

Taaramae And Menchov, I think don't have the team to back them up, Froome will have to be bridesmaid to Wiggens, Cadel is the better tactitian, so my real answer I guess is: I don't know, but my gut says not Wiggens or Evans. Pretty much a politicians answer to your question.

It's pretty cool that the winner for yellow isn't clear - makes for awesome racing.

The Tour isn't won in the 1st week. TWO more weeks to go... A whole lot will happen.