Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

@Mackie, great passion; those boys were fired up, loved that moment but it would have been horrible if he'd been caught. It's a cruel world.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadel Evans is riding much more aggressively than what we have seen from him in the past, and I like it!

He was much more of a defensive rider two years ago, last year he managed a good couple of attacks by aggressively going for the win and for yellow.

Last year Evans annihilated Schelck in the last TT to take yellow.

Let the games begin, Evans is bringing the fight but Wiggo is gonna be tough to beat!

:thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:

Edited by Tankman

Cadel Evans is riding much more aggressively than what we have seen from him in the past, and I like it!

He was much more of a defensive rider two years ago, last year he managed a good couple of attacks by aggressively going for the win and for yellow.

Apparently Evans believes Wiggo is vulnerable on the descents and is going to carry on what he started in the Dauphine by attacking earlier on and gaining time on the run up the last climbs.

Will be good fun to watch either way.

Last year Evans annihilated Schelck in the last TT to take yellow.

Let the games begin, Evans is bringing the fight but Wiggo is gonna be tough to beat!

:thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:

Yeah, but, to be fair Wiggins doesn't have to make the racing now, Evans do's, he just has to respond and seems to be doing so quite easily. So perhaps it makes Evans look better but I actually think Wiggo is been quite clever with his tactics of just covering the moves and expending as little energy as possible.

On paper he should take some more time from Evans tomorrow, and I think he will feel pretty comfortable going into the final week with 40-60 seconds over Evans with such a strong team backing him up.

Apparently Evans believes Wiggo is vulnerable on the descents and is going to carry on what he started in the Dauphine by attacking earlier on and gaining time on the run up the last climbs.

Will be good fun to watch either way.

That might just backfire on him because Nibs is probably the best descender of them all, and if they drag him over the climbs with them, they may only see him again in the shower.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

I think he will feel pretty comfortable going into the final week with 40-60 seconds over Evans with such a strong team backing him up.

Yea, I recon 40 -60 seconds will do it unless something unexpected happens. They seem well matched.

Nibali has surprised me this year. He is looking good!

Let's see how he goes in the second week.

Really cool to see a Frenchman on a "smaller" team win!

Of course they can't admit it, but RNT's failing GC challenge could've been so much healthier by not leaving Fugslang at home...

He is kicking GC azzz in the Tour Of Austria.

:-0

Could've, should've, would've... :-p

Edited by Puncheur

Another 22 year old takes a win.

Lekka to see the laaities coming through.

New stars to resurrect the ol' sport.

Apparently you can have the wisdom of Jens chatting to you on this sound board.

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

Best quote is the bottom one about 5 Astana's being taken out by bears.... genius.

(if you buy the app version it helps a rider who was paralysed in a riding accident).

I am disappointed in Wiggins comments today.

http://www.sport24.c...cynics-20120708

I especially dislike this comment,

It justifies their own bone idleness... because they can't ever imagine applying themselves to anything in their lives.

"And it's easy for them to sit under a pseudonym on Twitter and write that kind of **** rather than get off their arses and apply themselves and work hard at something and achieve something."

I understand where he is coming from, but I think he needs a few lessons in public relations.

Someone needs to sit him down and explain that not everyone aspires to ride a bike fast or hard, that people apply themselves in different areas of life and that they work just as hard to achieve those goals as he do's. Maybe a lot harder.

I can assure Wiggo my Neuro Surgeon cant run around the block, but I very much doubt Wiggo can operate on someones spinal cord or brain, save lives and generally improve the quality of life of folk who visit him, is his world so small and inward looking that he thinks only cyclists deserve their goals, .........perhaps the person who called him "an arrogant prick" here wasn't far off the mark?.

I certainly dont respect him.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Grumps that response is in context of some anon. alleging (on twitter) that to do what he is doing he/they must be doped up. And The Wig is not known for his moderation when it comes to expletives. Not that these circumstances justifies it, but seemed to have articulated others feelings about the matter, gauging the tweeted chirps on the matter from the likes of Cav and others (although I know you don't hold him in much esteem either)

Here's a report on Cyclenews on that

Edited by kosmonooit

I actually agree with Wiggens in this instance, you busy riding your gat off and some moron on a social network starts shouting his mouth off that you're a doper etc, taken in context the oke deserved the rant.

Just watched Mark Webbers interview after his GP win at Silverstone, and wonder what they feed sportsman in Austraila, he also has a poephol on his chin.

I am disappointed in Wiggins comments today.

http://www.sport24.c...cynics-20120708

I especially dislike this comment,

It justifies their own bone idleness... because they can't ever imagine applying themselves to anything in their lives.

"And it's easy for them to sit under a pseudonym on Twitter and write that kind of **** rather than get off their arses and apply themselves and work hard at something and achieve something."

I understand where he is coming from, but I think he needs a few lessons in public relations.

Someone needs to sit him down and explain that not everyone aspires to ride a bike fast or hard, that people apply themselves in different areas of life and that they work just as hard to achieve those goals as he do's. Maybe a lot harder.

I can assure Wiggo my Neuro Surgeon cant run around the block, but I very much doubt Wiggo can operate on someones spinal cord or brain, save lives and generally improve the quality of life of folk who visit him, is his world so small and inward looking that he thinks only cyclists deserve their goals, .........perhaps the person who called him "an arrogant prick" here wasn't far off the mark?.

I certainly dont respect him.

I view it differently, someone anonymous makes damaging posts about him for the world to see including his sponsors and he must refrain himself. Likely hood then is some will claim the anonymous poster must be onto something if he did not speak out.