Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Not very different to our local vets and sub-vets when they hop on to a podium.

Less chance of locals getting caught. Testing is barely existent out here in the arse end of the world

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's surely a lot to read on CN this morning, and the news is VERY shocking. However, there are a few things that you have to laugh at between all this evidence:

All these newly suspended riders (Hincapie, Van de Velde, Barry etc.) were supposedly 100% clean before May or June 2004 (except for Leipheimer) and after July 2006. Can we really believe them now? Does this really answer all the questions about doping today? The idea that doping only existed for 2 years and within one team is not very convincing with an ultimate goal to come out with the truth and to clean up the sport.

Surely if there was a perception that everybody was "above" being caught, then why would all these guys only dope for 2 years and stop with immediate effect after the 2006 TDF?

Seems like even now nobody is willing to tell the truth.

Edited by rudi-h

Luckily for me I did my first argus cycle tour when I was 14yrs old. Long before uniball was even a spec on the radar. He most certainly was never any influence in my cycling decisions.

Maybe some of us "I told you so's" have enough brain cells to figure things out on our own. Despite the abuse we had/have to endure for calling lance a liar and a cheat many many years ago

I was more referring to the "I told you so's" who want the whole of twitterverse to know that the hubbers need to know they were right.

Less chance of locals getting caught. Testing is barely existent out here in the arse end of the world

But those same drugged up to the eyeballs locals are the most verbal when it comes to this.

But those same drugged up to the eyeballs locals are the most verbal when it comes to this.

I don't vouch for anyone but I'd be very surprised...

If you read the secret race, the term "not normal"was used alot, with reference to performances that were er... really really good (read superhuman).

Any performances here in SA that come to mind that were er "not normal"??

If you read the secret race, the term "not normal"was used alot, with reference to performances that were er... really really good (read superhuman).

Any performances here in SA that come to mind that were er "not normal"??

I have not read the secret race and to be honest couldn't be bothered with it either.

My point is that we have rather good income earners in that vet and sub-vet category who race here locally.

We are talking local "fun rides".

Some of these guys are so drugged to the eyeballs just so they can smoke their club mates (believe it or not), yet these are the same guys who most want to see L.A. pinned to a stake.

Quite ironic.

Almost like this.

How dare you exceed the speed limit, I saw you when I was busy texting my tjerrie on the N1.

Edited by Dangle

Is Phil Ligget clean? The guy is practically immortal and it can't just be all the time he spends in the Alps drinking chateau de neuf du pape.

I have not read the secret race and to be honest couldn't be bothered with it either.

My point is that we have rather good income earners in that vet and sub-vet category who race here locally.

Good income earners from racing sub vet...? what races are they doing??? Seriously, the prize money in SA in them little races is well, little. I say if they wanna cheat then let them. It all comes home to roost eventually. The body has ways of reacting to foreign substances over time.

Some of these guys are so drugged to the eyeballs just so they can smoke their club mates (believe it or not), yet these are the same guys who most want to see L.A. pinned to a stake.

Quite ironic.

Almost like this.

How dare you exceed the speed limit, I saw you when I was busy texting my tjerrie on the N1.

You should read it.

It's quite entertaining and gives a different perspective on LA than what you may think. I thought he doped but didn't much care as I believed they all did. The book changed my opinion in a subtle way, souring LA for me no matter how much good he achieved.

And I know that Hamilton is a liar with an inferiority complex, the funny thing is that the book makes that clear too.

Read it and then tell us what you think.

Good income earners from racing sub vet...? what races are they doing??? Seriously, the prize money in SA in them little races is well, little. I say if they wanna cheat then let them. It all comes home to roost eventually. The body has ways of reacting to foreign substances over time.

Are you missing the point ?

I have read the report overnight and have been following the coverage in the press, I am sure even the "haters" on the Hub could someday forgive him for being a doping, controlling bully:

BUT

In the clip illustrating the story on Sky News, he is seen racing a recent MTB race with a SADDLE BAG dangling under his seat !!!

Unforgivable on the hub, although maybe not as bad as wearing a Camelbac.. :w00t: :w00t: :whistling:

Dunno if its on here already...

The affidavits of several former PROs:

http://www.cyclingti...ance-armstrong/

This makes for interesting reading for sure! I like how the reasoned decision states that the affadavids from Hincapie and co are the main sources of information for them concluding these decisions and yet when you read the affadavids, it's filled with their own individual recount of how they all got into doping through other channels BEFORE joining USPS cycling team and how the majority of references to Lance are based on seeing him go into other rooms for an hour with a coat hanger and the same doctor they did transfusions with.

I wonder whether USADA or WADA will take the same approach to the riders who are now next in line for victories in the tours behind Lance?? By the affadavids own admissions they claim to know that everyone in the peloton was on a cocktail of PEDs at the time. Which brings us back to the old monniker? "Who actually raced clean and won the tour then?"

Pro cycling needs an overhaul for sure. Only hope that this effort does not stop after they burn Lance but extends into the rest of the peloton too!

Edited by Tubehunter