Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Another point to ponder:

Lance retired, but the rest of the staff, Bruneel and the doctors, stayed the same. Are we to believe that methods of traing and other things were different, when Contador, Cancellara, Voigt and the Schlecks raced for them?

not if the USADA report is anything to go by. Bruyneel was just as big of an influence as Lance when it came to getting new team members to dope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should force Contador (among others) out of the sport as well since they are on a mission to "clean up"! I'm sure they did find detailed drug administration logs on allot of guys during the good Dr Fuentes saga. After they are finished with this springclean session there will be NO sponsers left in the world of cycling

They should force Contador (among others) out of the sport as well since they are on a mission to "clean up"

I agree here, lifetime ban straight away, the world has enough hungry cyclists that can provide entertainment.

Did you see the court case with Chambers (British athlete) that successfully appealed his life ban from Olympics? The British Olympic committee had in place a automatic life ban from the games for dopers but this has now been overturned. Same thing to happen in cycling if they get life? Maybe ban them from the grand tours?

I agree here, lifetime ban straight away, the world has enough hungry cyclists that can provide entertainment.

And more than a million new cyclists since the TdF and Olympics just in Britian.

'tis not a bad life this doping malarky:

.What is George Hincapie’s net worth? George Hincapie’s net worth is $40 million dollars. Born in Queens, New York, George Hincapie is a road bike racer, currently racing for BMC Racing Team. He has won multiple races over the course of his nearly 20-year career, including Gent-Wevelgem, GP Ouest-France, Three Days of De Panne, Tour of Missouri, Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne, and he is a three-time National Road Race Champion. He is most widely recognized in the racing world as the key domestique of Lance Armstrong, and is the only racer to have assisted Mr. Armstrong on every one of his Tour de France victories. He has raced on nine Tour de France winning teams, and is one of only two riders to have achieved that number of wins, ever. He is also well known for his excellence in short individual time trial races, and has placed first, second, or third, in all but one of the competitions in which he has competed. He recently began a record 17th Tour de France.

He also has a clothing brand out now.

I think everyone is overreacting. Lance didnt dope. He never tested positive and why would he? Why would he risk his reputation by doping?

I think this is a witch hunt by someone who doesnt like Lance. Maybe Jan Ullrich sits behind it all as he will now become like 5 time winner or something of the tour?

Everyone? He didn't? based on? There seems to be a clear reputation of bullying, but then that's not what this is about.

Witch hunt?

Of course it's a an over reaction, a witch hunt, in fact it's all one big conspiracy by that association then. Yes?

The list of respondents and the report makes it counters the silliness of the above statement.

Hint: It's not all about Lance, but a far greater scope of people involved and sophisticated doping ring. LA is but one element, albeit one of the higher profile people in the investigation.

I really hope guys like Nibali, Rodriguez, Gilbert, that other liquigas youngster, and 1 or 2 others which i cant think of now, does not test positive or at least does not get caught otherwise it will get very boring whatching/following these races

I really hope guys like Nibali, Rodriguez, Gilbert, that other liquigas youngster, and 1 or 2 others which i cant think of now, does not test positive or at least does not get caught otherwise it will get very boring whatching/following these races

The sad thing is we all have our favorites and hold thumbs their names never appear, it's how we deal with it that will make the difference.

I said much earlier ,way back in this thread, us the viewing public are as corrupt for expecting these riders to constantly push the envelope, we do it in every sport.

During the Olympics I was on the edge of my seat waiting for Bolt to set new records.

Edited by Dangle

Everyone? He didn't? based on? There seems to be a clear reputation of bullying, but then that's not what this is about.

Witch hunt?

Of course it's a an over reaction, a witch hunt, in fact it's all one big conspiracy by that association then. Yes?

The list of respondents and the report makes it counters the silliness of the above statement.

Hint: It's not all about Lance, but a far greater scope of people involved and sophisticated doping ring. LA is but one element, albeit one of the higher profile people in the investigation.

your sarcasm detector needs tuning

:w00t:

Just got Tylers book. Cant wait to start reading.

Bought it last week - could have waited until Wednesday and saved R250 by reading the USADA report ...

Edited by JGR

LoL another poll

Vote

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/1304/7ad4d9c2defe4711b18bf22a95dcae69.jpgLance Armstrong: Innocent or guilty as sin?

49%Innocent: Never failed a drug test

51%Guilty: So many opponents can't all be lying...