Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

i see sca are investigating claiming the bonuses back...

Talk is he might end up with metal bracelets in place of yellow rubber ones.

Possible jail time for Lance?

Disgraced American cyclist Lance Armstrong could face criminal charges of perjury after denying charges of drug use under oath in 2005.

In terms of US law, perjury is classified as a felony and Armstrong, if found guilty, could face up to five years in jail.

According to the Telegraph's website, the possibility of perjury charges relates to a civil arbitration in November 2005, which had been called to adjudicate between Armstrong and his company Tailwind Sports against SCA Promotions and Ted Lyonhamman Insurance Services.

The latter were reluctant to pay out the $5m bonus due to Armstrong after he won his sixth consecutive Tour de France, as rumours spread as to his possible use of performance enhancing drugs. The insurance company and SCA wanted assurances that he was not doping before paying out. However, Armstrong wanted his money so, at his insistence, they went to court to resolve the matter.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk is he might end up with metal bracelets in place of yellow rubber ones.

Possible jail time for Lance?

Disgraced American cyclist Lance Armstrong could face criminal charges of perjury after denying charges of drug use under oath in 2005.

In terms of US law, perjury is classified as a felony and Armstrong, if found guilty, could face up to five years in jail.

According to the Telegraph's website, the possibility of perjury charges relates to a civil arbitration in November 2005, which had been called to adjudicate between Armstrong and his company Tailwind Sports against SCA Promotions and Ted Lyonhamman Insurance Services.

The latter were reluctant to pay out the $5m bonus due to Armstrong after he won his sixth consecutive Tour de France, as rumours spread as to his possible use of performance enhancing drugs. The insurance company and SCA wanted assurances that he was not doping before paying out. However, Armstrong wanted his money so, at his insistence, they went to court to resolve the matter.

i understand perjusy is a crime in usa, but jailtime? really? he's hardly a dangerous criminal...

Edited by fandacious

i understand perjusy is a crime in usa, but jailtime? really? he's hardly a dangerous criminal...

According to Tyler he was..... dangerous

your sarcasm detector needs tuning

Quite possibly, the knees shouldn't be so sensitive. Outside of that, the point stands though.

Might only be bronze, but at least he will keep it....for now

Berlin - Lance Armstrong will keep his 2000 Sydney Games bronze medal for now despite being accused of cheating his way to the top in cycling, the International Olympic Committee saying it is still too early to take action.

Bought it last week - could have waited until Wednesday and saved R250 by reading the USADA report ...

Good one, JGR!

I'm working my way through the USADA doc as "essential reading".

not if the USADA report is anything to go by. Bruyneel was just as big of an influence as Lance when it came to getting new team members to dope

Bruyneel is taking his case to arbitration.

According to Tyler he was..... dangerous

look i dont like they guy, but to compare him to a murderer or rapist is just silly

Bruyneel is taking his case to arbitration.

bruyneel is going to see his ass. what recourse is there against bruyneel though?

Might only be bronze, but at least he will keep it....for now

Berlin - Lance Armstrong will keep his 2000 Sydney Games bronze medal for now despite being accused of cheating his way to the top in cycling, the International Olympic Committee saying it is still too early to take action.

Road Race: Ullrich, Vino and Kloden

TT: Ekimov, Ullrich, Armstrong

Damn! Gonna have to start heading down the results sheet to find the winner....

Jan is still my favourite rider/doper of all time. At least he did it right - get shmangled off your head on pills and then ram a rack of bikes in your Porsche. Thats how you dope!

Edit: Ahhh the good old days. Erica Green cracked 25th in the ladies XCO and David George an 86th in the men's road race! Robbie Hunter DNFd.

Edited by Eldron

bruyneel is going to see his ass. what recourse is there against bruyneel though?

Looks like he about to be fired

Decision today

Edited by jcza

Chancellara on Armstrong

Swallow a few Kaffe Schnaps before and enjoy

http://www.20min.ch/...id=0&vid=273708

Cancellara getting out of that contract?

He does not mention that, other than he said he will continue on...from what i understood of the swissgreek is he said:

" its a sad affair, not positive but a negative exposure for cycling especially from the old cycling era... we must allow it to happen (the fall out from the usada report?) It's not some (my) problems or worries...I must carry on with my job as normal"

Due to lack of Schnapps for Kaffee there might be some discrepencies in the above translation

He does not mention that, other than he said he will continue on...from what i understood of the swissgreek is he said:

" its a sad affair, not positive but a negative exposure for cycling especially from the old cycling era... we must allow it to happen (the fall out from the usada report?) It's not some (my) problems or worries...I must carry on with my job as normal"

Due to lack of Schnapps for Kaffee there might be some discrepencies in the above translation

I was reading between the lines, obviously it will change if they fire Bruyneel but its quite clear than Cancellara won't ride for Bruyneel.

Good one, JGR!

I'm working my way through the USADA doc as "essential reading".

I bough the book on Sunday - smashed 200 pages but havent picked it up since Thursday - USADA is more a 360 of the same story

Why did Marion Jones end up in prison?