Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the truth doesn't matter anymore.

The events are now public knowledge. The sports image is once again in tatters. Cycling doesn't care about the truth anylonger. Its damage limitation now

the truth doesn't matter anymore.

The events are now public knowledge. The sports image is once again in tatters. Cycling doesn't care about the truth anylonger. Its damage limitation now

The truth will matter if the Uk's Times newspaper sues for having paid out on LA's case against them that he didnt dope. Similarly with the insurance folk and others. But whats happening is great.

Hamilton said in his book that the current leader's time going up Alp d' Huez in the TDF would have got you around 40th place in the late '90s early '00s. So its getting better.

The truth will matter if the Uk's Times newspaper sues for having paid out on LA's case against them that he didnt dope. Similarly with the insurance folk and others. But whats happening is great.

Hamilton said in his book that the current leader's time going up Alp d' Huez in the TDF would have got you around 40th place in the late '90s early '00s. So its getting better.

Yeah, I remember that, its quite incredible the edge doping gives when looked at in that perspective.

well to play devils advocate - hamilton reckons you can maybe win 1 stage clean, but definitely not the tour

This may well be true but I am becoming as sceptical as all the non cyclists about this .....

Rabobank might be "White Label" team next year as riders still have contracts.

Rabobank spokesman: We don’t see any improvement in the near future in the current situation in cycling full of doping-related issues.

Update from Rabobank press conference: U23, offroad and youth cycling will continue to receive Rabobank sponsoring. Women and men’s proteam not.

Barredo’s case plays a role, spokesman says. It underlines the Rabobank’s board’s idea that the sport is sick and they need to withdraw

Rabobank Spokesman: We have found a good solution for the U23 team which I will reveal later today. We will honour the pro rider’s contracts for 2013.

Apparently decision was taken today and team management informed this morning.

EDIT: More to follow....

In the meantime I can't wait to ride my bike this weekend.

Edited by jcza

Is that why its become less exciting to watch?

Having read Rabobanks statement I need someone to remind me how much posotive LA has done for the sport. I keep forgetting

Rabobank will be the first of many sponsors to pull out.

Many European companies are suffering financially at the moment and returns from sponsorships are very small.