Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the article:

"Who are you cheating? Definitely not the other competitors as we now see they were doing the same. That's why I say it was people being pushed in a direction that was not right and now looking back a bunch of mistakes [were made] that just bring you in deeper until it's normal. Or so they all believed.

Yes there were people who never did anything, like myself. But how hard is it to be one person to take on an entire system. I decided to carry on and not care what others did. I won what I could when I could but a lot of the time I was on the receiving end."

Not sure there is clarity in his thought process here. On the one hand he's saying everyone did it, mistakes were made. Then next sentence he says he didn't make those mistakes.

This is the problem with the omerta. Surely he could just condemn it as a non user, clean rider himself? And then in true Robbie style, "I don't give a fark what anyone thinks, I'm the hero cos I made it in Europe!"

According to Peta ,God is about to enter .

How else is he going to seek redemption? Worked for Hansie...

According to Peta ,God is about to enter .

Maybe he doesn't need God.

Maybe he doped for Cancer...........

Something along the lines of : "Hell yeah, I had to dope. How else could I save 28 000 people from Cancer when every French, Italian and Spanish rider was doped to his eyebrows? "

Edited by eddy

He could always join the hub.

Robbie never did anything , ooooookay ........

It will be interesting to see what LA has to say at his Livestrong speaking engagement later today. It will be his first public appearance since the "Reasoned Decision" was made public.

Surely he has to say something?

It will be interesting to see what LA has to say at his Livestrong speaking engagement later today. It will be his first public appearance since the "Reasoned Decision" was made public.

Surely he has to say something?

Cant wait

and they both sold a load of cockrings armbands doing it.....

Here is the best analysis of the situation i have read :

http://pvcycling.wor...ing-confession/

Hmm, interesting post. Of course we cant see into the future so its just speculation, but personally I dont see him confessing.

Most importantly for him anyway, is it would open him up to perjury suits especially with SCA promotions and he would be badly advised to do that, possibly sponsors also have morality clauses which allow them to sue for damages as well should he admit, but mostly I think he has been publicly disgraced in the eyes of the world, been called a lier and a cheat and a bully on almost every newspaper and web site in the world cant sit well and by admitting I doubt he will ever recover from the issue, he may as well then go flip burgers at Mac D. No, I think he will just walk away as much as he can, deny, deny, deny, deflect interest where possible, and hope it will blow over sooner rather than later.

..but of course LA has a habit of doing things no one expects, so I guess anythings possible. biggrin.png

Yeah. After this is done, the whole LA "saga" will just be a blip on the radar. He may even be hailed as the guy "who cleared the way for a drug free tour" simply because he is the biggest name, and after the dust has settled, the one who got burnt first, and enabled the flood gates to be opened. Kinda like "if they're targeting LA, we can go ahead with our investigations without fear of being brtanded heretics"

He could always join the hub.

Robbie never did anything , ooooookay ........

@ Dangle

Now I'll quote from the article:

"Yes there were people who never did anything, like myself. But how hard is it to be one person to take on an entire system"

There now you have it straight from the "horse's mouth"

Didn't Lance say the same thing ??? whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif

Seems cycling itself will be OK. I read that for the first time since 1945 more bicycles than cars were sold in Italy