Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not want to see the crapstorm that will open up if LA does open his mouth.eek.gif

No? ... I do!

I so want him to open his mouth and take everyone down with him. Sure, it will hit the sport hard, but at least a process of rebuild can then start. Maybe, just maybe, the core essence of the sport will return, and the nonsense can finally be turfed out.

As they say you can fool all the people etc etc. It was kind of obvious in hindight that sh*t was happening in the peleton over that time period. 8 man squads burning off everybody in sundry. Never mind the Gewiss incident. Riis estimated winning a tour stage with haematocrit of 65. Man it was so clear now that the stuff they were doing was the reason they were going faster. And the people in charge did zero to stop it and harvested the publicity and watched as it cranked out el doleros for them. They were all complicit, just the furthest down the food chain that will be paying for it. Read the lietrature, Floyd, Hamilton, Kimmage, Riis etc - Some of them are now coming out of the collective fog in their memory banks and remembering things they forgot. Remember Landis's defence and the funds we all volunteered as he was an Amish and couldnt cheat. Remember Tylers Multiple Sclerosis foundation. I mean he could have run for President he was so pure. Armstrong was even mentioned in the context of politics and becoming a political candidate. Sad very sad to see. I am happy for cycling and sad that the dream was nothing other than a dream. All of us bought in and were fans. But all of us hvae a right to feel cheated.

Geneva - Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life after the International Cycling Union (UCI) said on Monday it had ratified the United States Anti-Doping Agency's (USADA) sanctions.

The decision was announced at a UCI news conference.

"Lance Armstrong has no place in cycling," UCI President Pat McQuaid said as he confirmed the ratification.

Mass bonfire of Armstrings books?

Treks to be sacrificed at 24hr MTB events (its tradition)?

NIke to change slogan to "Don't even think about it!" ?

I do not want to see the crapstorm that will open up if LA does open his mouth.eek.gif

friendly amendment

ph34r.png

UCI will decide next Friday what to do with prizes.

I'm all for the fluffy lions (and prize money) being claimed back if they apply the same to Levi, Tyler, Millar, Floyed, Big George etc etc etc etc.

UCI lawyer Philippe Verbiest suggests some sort of 'truth and reconciliation' sitting may be explored, an amnesty for riders currently doping. "It requires a brain storm," he says

A change of policy is required to claim back the prize money, fluffy lions, yellow jerseys and podium girl kisses.

Overnight, journalists photos have become worthless not worthy of the copyright attached.

I doubt Armstrong has any fight left in him after this. they really sunk the Bismarck this time

A change of policy is required to claim back the prize money, fluffy lions, yellow jerseys and podium girl kisses.

Overnight, journalists photos have become worthless not worthy of the copyright attached.

I doubt Armstrong has any fight left in him after this. they really sunk the Bismarck this time

They made a movie Sink the Bismark.

Wonder if there is another on the way - night of the Strongarm or something like that.

This will lead to nothing. The sport won't be "cleaned". The next crop of sem-pros are already waiting in the amateur ranks, willing to do (or inject) whatever it takes to make it into the big leagues - and the process will just start again with the "next" Armstrong.

Same thing with the cyclist that was recently killed in PE by a drunk driver. We are told to fight against drunks motorists to avoid another tragedy. Like this guy, these are mostly the "clubbing" middle 20's early 30's kind of trash. Their younger brothers are sisters are eagerly sitting at home thinking how utterly cool their older brothers and sisters are, the parties, etc. So...... the next generation of drunk drivers are ready to hit the roads.

You might take a couple of big names down in cycling, but as stated, there are hungry 17 year olds out there, ready to restock the doping ranks.

Edited by Azonic

Although there will be no winners for that period and other winners with question marks hanging over them I dont think we can deny it was great racing. I have been looking at a few old youtube clips - brilliant. Landis stage 17 2006 ... doubt we will see that type of thing again.

This will lead to nothing. The sport won't be "cleaned". The next crop of sem-pros are already waiting in the amateur ranks, willing to do (or inject) whatever it takes to make it into the big leagues - and the process will just start again with the "next" Armstrong.

Same thing with the cyclist that was recently killed in PE by a drunk driver. We are told to fight against drunks motorists to avoid another tragedy. Like this guy, these are mostly the "clubbing" middle 20's early 30's kind of trash. Their younger brothers are sisters are eagerly sitting at home thinking how utterly cool their older brothers and sisters are, the parties, etc. So...... the next generation of drunk drivers are ready to hit the roads.

You might take a couple of big names down in cycling, but as stated, there are hungry 17 year olds out there, ready to restock the doping ranks.

Sad ...but I agree true.

I think they may change the rule at the management meeting they are convening, but I dont think they will go after the prize money in their own capacity, however I see some further legal proceedings by a few sponsors pursuing this avenue vigorously, especially SCA promotions and possibly the US Postal services.

Others may sit back and wait to see how those case's are concluded (in the sponsors favor) before committing funds to their own claim, but they would all no doubt have had morality clauses in their contracts with LA and the ratification of the USADA report and the UCI ruling opens the doors to a lot of future legal action.