Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Scotty thumbup1.gif

I agree with the life time ban, but stripping the titles etc... is stoopid in this particular case.

The current system is encourages people to dope and then come clean when things get iffy.

The UCI / WADA or whoever decides on the doping sentences should get much tougher to discourage further doping. I would with immeidate effect change the current penalties to a life time ban for any athlete convicted, no first offence BS...you get caught thats it take your pie and vie...The same ban should apply to supporting staff, officails ect...

EDIT: Forgot what they should do with those who are "suspected" i.e. no postive proof.

These guys get the 2 year ban thing...

The only other option is to legalise doping and we know that aint going to happen

Try fraud actually. Besides the glory of the titles, each win scored him lots of cash. This was 'earned' through dishonesty and cheating.

I am assuming then that everybody here on the hub calling names and judging without fact are all then perfect.Impressive.

As far as EPO and transfusion use to increase performance goes I am indeed perfect.

Other aspects of LA's life are not the subject of this thread.

So his titles have now been stripped, I heard this morning that there is a company thats wanting their performance bonuses back from him somewhere to the tune of $7.5m

$5 million in bonuses and $2.5 million in interest

Thats got to sting a bit

My opinion?

Well, I've just had an hour long question and answer session with my 11 year old son, who is a keen cyclist, about Lance Armstrong, cheating in sport, doping and drugs . It was difficult stuff to explain, and I am sorry that he is now a bit disillusioned, but hopefully some good will come out of all this mess, even if just in our little world.

The long and the short of it, I tried to explain, is that you will be caught sooner or later and will have to suffer the consequences, just like Lance. That is humiliating and it will happen in public for all to see. If you are not caught, then it will catch up with you and kill you, like Pantani, and everyone will know. Even if you survive, you will have to live with yourself and it is terrible to live with a lying cheating person for the rest of your life.

(He then asked me about the Vit B Co injection that I had the other day........and about energy drinks.......more explainingbiggrin.png )

His conclusion is that he is disappointed and sad that Lance cheated but he still think he was a very good cyclist and that he did a lot of good things for people with cancer. I decided to leave it at that, because that is kind of how I feel as well.

Hehe - couldn't he have rather asked about the birds and the bees...I suspect that would have been a less complicated and awkward discussion...wink.png .

i wonder if he will keep his argus result?

You get stripped of local PPA results for crossing the median ... surely he can't expect to keep his Argus result.! LOL

Give us your opinion....

Are you offering any prizes or discounts for opinions.? :)

Edited by Thomo

So his titles have now been stripped, I heard this morning that there is a company thats wanting their performance bonuses back from him somewhere to the tune of $7.5m

$5 million in bonuses and $2.5 million in interest

Thats got to sting a bit

Yeah, SCA Promotions, plus they want the cost of the undisclosed court fees - I guess over a bar.

US Postal I recon is next in line, its estimated they paid the team around 30 bar of what is effectively tax payers money over the course of their sponsorship.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

If he confessed, the outcome might've been different... towards his favour.

The only "upside" i see is that his punishment of life time ban would probably have been shorter. The removal of medals, tour wins etc and withdrawal of sponsors and those suing him would not have changed ( SCA are suing him to reclaim R65 million paid to him http://www.sport24.co.za/OtherSport/Cycling/Lance-Firm-wants-R65m-back-20121022) they just one of many. His problems are far from over and not sure where it will end, but perhaps for someone that loves his sport so much his biggest punishment must be barred from competing in any sanctioned sport.

Hehe - couldn't he have rather asked about the birds and the bees...I suspect that would have been a less complicated and awkward discussion...wink.png .

The facts would have been much easier to come by!

Yeah, SCA Promotions, plus they want the cost of the undisclosed court fees - I guess over a bar.

US Postal I recon is next in line, its estimated they paid the team around 30 bar of what is effectively tax payers money over the course of their sponsorship.

Without definitive proof of him cheating this will only end up making all of the parasitic lawyer scums involved rich. Lance is certainly holding his ground, and as nobody has any actual proof yet, he'll likely walk away from this.

Any idea why sharks don't eat lawyers? Professional courtesy ;)

I think the biggest loser in this whole case will be be cycling as a sport. The team sponsors will run for the hills like Rabobank allready did.