Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

I see on cyclingnews.com that Bobby J also confessed to doping pre-1998. But he confessed "like a man should", taking full responsibility and not the usual "everybody did it so I had to dope......." bullsh1t .

Edited by ThaStig

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way to actually catch someone doping is to get a positive test.

That is like saying unless your fingerprints are found at the scene, you cannot be caught for burglary.

All the evidence is that most drugs useful to cyclists are excreted from the body rapidly and passing a test merely requires discipline.

You say that if there are allegations against athletes they should be banned straight away?

No, never for mere allegations, but if there is overwhelming corroborated evidence doping can be proved to the required standard, as it was done here. The USADA report is very precise in its analysis of the evidence on which the charge was made. Have a look at it, even Nike and Trek no longer believe him innocent.

........... even Nike and Trek no longer believe him innocent.

Sorry Eddy, but I think Nike and Trek no longer believe that they can make more money by being associated with him.

Also sack Phil the Shill Liggett and get Greg Lemond in to replace him. Greg and Phil both have chronic foot-in-mouth disease, but at least Greg doesn't floss his gnashers with LA's pubes.

Of course Greg doesn't, he wants the whole world to use his pubes through their gnashers.

His entire rant in life is the he once was.

True.

I'm not interested in the witch-hunt mentality to down Armstrong as much.

His arrogance to stay silent and disengaged is what demonstrates his character.

Most PROs are stepping into the culture and pressure of admission which is awesome.

Most? I don't think so. Guys still have much to loose by coming clean and I am still doubting if these confessions that are coming out are full or partial.

Big respect for Bobby Jurlich anyway as I guess he could have continued to lie but its Sky have obviously made their position very clear so he was forced to make a big decision on which way to go on this and he made the right call. Most of the rest are keeping under the radar.

Edited by dracs

Most? I don't think so. Guys still have much to loose by coming clean and I am still doubting if these confessions that are coming out are full or partial.

Big respect for Bobby Jurlich anyway as I guess he could have continued to lie but its Sky have obviously made their position very clear so he was forced to make a big decision on which way to go on this and he made the right call. Most of the rest are keeping under the radar.

Sorry, dracs, I meant to write something like:

The scales are tipping and, more and more, PROs are drawn to the space of confession, rather than hiding.

What is impressive about Armstrong is his resilience (also read here pride) to stay silent.

I really enjoy Vaughter's approach to have those PROs who confessed to stay involved as they can contribute positively to the future of the sport.

Team Sky's stricter approach is not so lekka.

And, some here, suspect that they might not be so 'clean' after all. I have my doubts too.

Sorry, dracs, I meant to write something like:

The scales are tipping and, more and more, PROs are drawn to the space of confession, rather than hiding.

What is impressive about Armstrong is his resilience (also read here pride) to stay silent.

Impressive?

Impressive?

Yeah, impressive.

Not positively so though. Still impressive.

Eish! How much pride and arrogance does he have to maintain this pose?

thumbdown.gif

Edited by Puncheur

Imo the ex-Barloworld riders now with Sky probably were not clean in the past. The dope stash found in Duenas' hotel room in 2008 was enough for the whole team for the tdf.

Sheeeeeet! Will you mess with this guy?!

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2012/10/25/1351155223089-sa9bkng607wp-670-75.jpg

Guest Omega Man

Imo the ex-Barloworld riders now with Sky probably were not clean in the past. The dope stash found in Duenas' hotel room in 2008 was enough for the whole team for the tdf.

Totally agree. There's a full on recipe for it tho. If a rider is bust for doping his team immediately singles him out as a bad seed. He gets ostracised and he gets fired. It's always an individual that gets singled out and punished.

Come on. These guys are monitered 24/7. The team manager can tell exactly who is strong or weak during a stage. Their diet is strictly controlled and so is their training and pretty much everything else. The doping HAS to be planned and systematic. So therefore riders, team managers, doctors, nutritionists, wives and yes, sponsors too HAVE to be aware of what's going on.

Edited by Omega Man

Sheeeeeet! Will you mess with this guy?!

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2012/10/25/1351155223089-sa9bkng607wp-670-75.jpg

Looks like a has-been.

Totally agree. There's a full on recipe for it tho. If a rider is bust for doping his team immediately singles him out as a bad seed. He gets ostracised and he gets fired. It's always an individual that gets singled out and punished.

Come on. These guys are monitered 24/7. The team manager can tell exactly who is strong or weak during a stage. Their diet is strictly controlled and so is their training and pretty much everything else. The doping HAS to be planned and systematic. So therefore riders, team managers, doctors, nutritionists, wives and yes, sponsors too HAVE to be aware of what's going on.

One word: Corti.