Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Mr Riis is also committed to antidoping, and we know what he did in the past.

:whistling: next thing Mr. Falters will also be snot and trane at some or other press conference ......

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing about this whole thread is the "ill equipped" comment - thank you scotty - you made my day.

Now to clean the coffee of my computer screen...

I also don't get the whole reason behind why the riders mentioned will take 6 months bans and effectively out themselves in order to bust LA.

I truly believe every single professional cyclistathlete is doping and most are managing to stay within the elevated from natural WADA limits.

OK lets say Van de Velde, Zabriskie and Hincapie all admit.

What reason will they have to lie? They have just accepted a 6 month ban and gave up an Olympic spot to testify against LA.

THis has too mean it is true and they all doped (no surprises here).

Now we just need one of the doctors to come out and admit.

If big George admits and takes a ban I'd say it's all over. My question here is whether they really did admit or whether some dutch publication is just trying to sell some more newspapers. No word from BMC?

I also don't get the whole reason behind why the riders mentioned will take 6 months bans and effectively out themselves in order to bust LA.

I truly believe every single professional cyclistathlete is doping and most are managing to stay within the elevated from natural WADA limits.

Marion Jones can answer that question for you, now that she is out of JAIL for lying under oath.

All these guys where called to testify in a federal case. My understanding is lying under oath in this situation leads to Bubba Time? I'm no lawyer, just me understanding.

As I said somewhere else, LA has lost most of his support base amongst the average american sport fan, when I was reading the daily US papers there last month the media were scathing in their reports about LA, something you never saw before, and especially not from major US papers like the US Today,who is largely sympathetic to US sportsmen and woman.

The latest news is not really any worse for LA, his career is over and I personally think he has nowhere left to go, I also cant see any major US company having him in as a guest speaker now or even wanting to be associated with him, unfortunately I think he has now become a liability, incredible how things have changed.

However its also a terrible indictment on the others namely Leipheimer, Hincappie and Zabriskie, the US media will slaughter them over these allegations, I personally think their careers are over now as well.

Just the media peddling horse turds as figs....again -_-

yeh of course. they all raced clean, and this is just a bad dream

Marion Jones can answer that question for you, now that she is out of JAIL for lying under oath.

All these guys where called to testify in a federal case. My understanding is lying under oath in this situation leads to Bubba Time? I'm no lawyer, just me understanding.

Indeed, if its found they willfully gave false evidence under oath, Perjury in the US is a major crime.

101SCC, I would love to know what was said under oath in the Grand Jury probe, but that apparently is sealed testimony - although the Lance camp has accused them of illegally obtaining it.

As I said somewhere else, LA has lost most of his support base amongst the average american sport fan, when I was reading the daily US papers there last month the media were scathing in their reports about LA, something you never saw before, and especially not from major US papers like the US Today,who is largely sympathetic to US sportsmen and woman.

The latest news is not really any worse for LA, his career is over and I personally think he has nowhere left to go, I also cant see any major US company having him in as a guest speaker now or even wanting to be associated with him, unfortunately I think he has now become a liability, incredible how things have changed.

However its also a terrible indictment on the others namely Leipheimer, Hincappie and Zabriskie, the US media will slaughter them over these allegations, I personally think their careers are over now as well.

The average American sports fan... LOL now there's a group which ticks the knowledge base box.

yeh of course. they all raced clean, and this is just a bad dream

Not what i am saying..

I am referring to the report that the guys have turned evidence for small suspensions. Hincapie himself had not confirmed it when asked this morning before the start. The fact that all other sources quote the one newspaper should substatiate that.

I do think that most riders doped to just under the permissable threshold

I do think that most riders doped to just under the permissable threshold

I do hope Armstrong can wiggle his way out of this and come up smelly all clean :unsure:

The average American sports fan... LOL now there's a group which ticks the knowledge base box.

:D - I know what you mean, but in reality the average american sports fan holds massive media power and they are not scared to speak out.

As an American athlete, getting on to the wrong side of the american fan is tantamount to committing sporting suicide.