Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great piece by Strickland. I wonder what message Lance left him after that. His book on the comeback is well worth a read.

Read that a while back, wrote it during the FED's investigation. Stoic piece for sure and succinctly sums up the scenario, well worth reading.

Lance Armstrong may be in trouble again. An anti-doping agency accused him of using performance-enhancing drugs. Federal authorities got suspicious when they noticed an American was exercising. - Jimmy Kimmel

Does anyone know what Strickland is referring to here?

"

It was an admission that doping had occurred, one disguised so it could assume innocence but unmistakable to me in meaning. The moment I received it felt strangely like a relief, and after all these years unreal and apart from what was happening, like those odd instants that sometimes immediately follow the death of someone you love, when grief is eclipsed by gratitude that the suffering has ended.

"

Assumption of innocence - Meaning a questioning scenario of an unnamed witness to the effect of

Q: Is LA guilty of doping during his career?

A: He has never tested positive...

Assumption is that he is innocent because he never tested positive.

But the question has not been answered. Or perhaps the full answer is:

"He has not doped to the point where he tested positive."

Edited by Imploder

"

It was an admission that doping had occurred, one disguised so it could assume innocence but unmistakable to me in meaning. The moment I received it felt strangely like a relief, and after all these years unreal and apart from what was happening, like those odd instants that sometimes immediately follow the death of someone you love, when grief is eclipsed by gratitude that the suffering has ended.

"

First thought is what mushrooms he consumed just before writing that...

But ja good question hopefully someone with mushroom knowledge can reply

"

"

was also wondering about that...

One person who never shows up in any of these investigations. Who's motives will never be called into question. But who probably has all the answers. Is his ex-wife Kristin, I think Bill had a little heart-to-heart with her.

One person who never shows up in any of these investigations. Who's motives will never be called into question. But who probably has all the answers. Is his ex-wife Kristin, I think Bill had a little heart-to-heart with her.

She was deposed during LeMond's dispute with Trek, but refused to answer dope-related questions.

And I think she testified to the grand jury.

Edited by Tumbleweed

What do you guys think will be the performance enhancing drug of choice at this years TDF?

Ill go check what my supplier is shipping

Interesting articles Tumble.

I find one of the comments to the 150 Watts article summarises the status of the defence best:

"Every single bit of his (Armstrong) current game plan is coming out of a play book, not out of stupidity. He's not trying to endear himself to Travis, but to his fan and sponsor base. Right now he needs the kinds of fans that would be willing to hole him up in their basement if he was caught molesting kids. He's looking for that kind of loyalty, and he is just rallying the troops."

Interesting articles Tumble.

I find one of the comments to the 150 Watts article summarises the status of the defence best:

"Every single bit of his (Armstrong) current game plan is coming out of a play book, not out of stupidity. He's not trying to endear himself to Travis, but to his fan and sponsor base. Right now he needs the kinds of fans that would be willing to hole him up in their basement if he was caught molesting kids. He's looking for that kind of loyalty, and he is just rallying the troops."

He's got his PR work cut out for him. Most recent polls see the belief of the public swinging towards him guilty of doping.

He's got his PR work cut out for him. Most recent polls see the belief of the public swinging towards him guilty of doping.

Weird, I would have thought the general public didn't give a **** about this story.

Weird, I would have thought the general public didn't give a **** about this story.

+1000000