Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

I found it be be a sycophantic rant…

well what do you expect... GW has made a shitload of being a LA sycophant He's not about to bite the hand that feeds him....

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well what do you expect... GW has made a shitload of being a LA sycophant He's not about to bite the hand that feeds him....

As I posted a few pages in this thread, Liggett's man love of LA was dwarfed by Watson's. The man has NO credibility to write

about doping and LA.

Take someone like Jeremy Whittle. His proximity to the peloton as editor of procycling let him see and hear a lot of things about doping. Liggett and Watson have been in the game for a very long time. Yet, they have said very little.

Take someone like Jeremy Whittle. His proximity to the peloton as editor of procycling let him see and hear a lot of things about doping. Liggett and Watson have been in the game for a very long time. Yet, they have said very little.

It is very possible that they could have green palms and a lifeline that looks like a pyramid.

Must say, Watson is an exceptional photographer.

ligget has said a lot. About the conspiracy to bring down lance. and how he cant believe that LA would cheat. And that theres no way he did it... etc

LA has to come clean then he can get paid appearance money to talk on, the real race behind the secret race , kids must learn from this, a new book, a movie. Just make$ economic sense for him!

Edited by Prince

Just makeS economic sense for him!

which is precisely why he's considering it. There's no more money to be made from sport, as he cant really compete in anything anymore. So now to find new avenues to fill his bank accounts

It is very possible that they could have green palms and a lifeline that looks like a pyramid.

Must say, Watson is an exceptional photographer.

Yeah, even if not directly, their fortunes certainly increased with the rise in the sport's profile during the Lance era. Whittle says as much about himself and the omerta in his Bad Blood.

Agreed about his prowess with the camera. Have two of his books at home.

I found this a good article...

http://www.grahamwat...w/viewmain.html

+1

When read from a neutral perspective instead of from a negative (Anti Lance) or positive (Lance fanboy) perspective it is rather....ummmm.... well balanced.

From Wikipedia:

A peanut gallery was, in the days of vaudeville, a nickname for the cheapest (and ostensibly rowdiest) seats in the theater, the occupants of which were all too willing [in the view of the performer] to heckle the performer......In recent times, the term has taken on new meanings with the advent of social networks and online chat rooms.

WRT to LA and any potential admission, imho he should rather stick to his current story. Admitting to anything afterwards means nothing as its most likely done only to try and restore some sort of credibility or benefit that has been lost or stands to be lost.

If he does admit (for whatever reason and to whatever extent) I'd say tough cookie, all dopers deserve a life time ban imo.

+1

When read from a neutral perspective instead of from a negative (Anti Lance) or positive (Lance fanboy) perspective it is rather....ummmm.... well balanced.

Which means neither you nor I can comment on the article...polar opposites on this topic?

Which means neither you nor I can comment on the article...polar opposites on this topic?

I like to think that my thought process has become more neutral / objective over time, most likely due to mellowing with age and close association with probably the world leaders in standing on the fence societies for the last 9yrs and 10 months....

I'm well aware of what LA most likely did and even more well aware of why he denies it, and i think GW hit the nail on the head.

ligget has said a lot. About the conspiracy to bring down lance. and how he cant believe that LA would cheat. And that theres no way he did it... etc

To be fair he has also moved away from his total disciple worship.

Liggett added that Tyler Hamilton’s book, The Secret Race, had been an awakening. Having criticized Hamilton in the past, Liggett said: “I don’t believe it’s possible to write a book like Tyler Hamilton has done without it being the truth. I don’t think it’s possible."

To be fair he has also moved away from his total disciple worship.

Liggett added that Tyler Hamilton’s book, The Secret Race, had been an awakening. Having criticized Hamilton in the past, Liggett said: “I don’t believe it’s possible to write a book like Tyler Hamilton has done without it being the truth. I don’t think it’s possible."

yeh he's making the right noises now, but surely he must have known what the peloton was up to? He himself must have been comlicit in doping, coming from that era

yeh he's making the right noises now, but surely he must have known what the peloton was up to? He himself must have been comlicit in doping, coming from that era

and you? Have you suspected that it is a possibility that there were dope involved in cycling?

Well then he will have egg on his face and lose whatever credibility he currently does have. To be complicit someone must know something, just a matter of time for them to speak up, whether for change of heart or like Hamilton financial reasons

and you? Have you suspected that it is a possibility that there were dope involved in cycling?

huh? I've always said its dirty. long before it was cool to call lance a doper? whats your point?