Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess that's it. No defense offered.

I see he is being sued by a British paper, I think the telegraph, that he sued in the past. They are asking for 1.6 million dollars. Surely he will defend this action

One day, in many years time, the complete story will be told. By that I mean what he is up to now as well. It will make harrowing reading.

I have just finished reading The Death Of Pantani. That did not make for pleasant reading and gave an incredibly dark take on racing in the EPO era. Made Hamilton's Secret Race seem like Harry Potter by comparison. Takes you back to the research into EPO by Conconi, the man that trained Ferarri.

I see he is being sued by a British paper, I think the telegraph, that he sued in the past. They are asking for 1.6 million dollars. Surely he will defend this action

He won't loose any sleep over 1.6 million if he had to pay it. Some of his ex sponsers will probably offer to pay it for him anyway

The Sunday Times. Walsh's employers. I don't think he will fight it. Will be settle for costs and interest. Easy way out.

The Sunday Times. Walsh's employers. I don't think he will fight it. Will be settle for costs and interest. Easy way out.

Yeah, agreed, unlikely he will contest it, frankly I dont think he could win if he did, so he will make an out of court settlement.

The problem as I see it though is as Bonus says, it could set a precedent for others to follow, but this case had different merits which meant he couldn't really win, other issues may not be so watertight.

.......however the American legal system is monumentally expensive, fighting two or three cases in a New York court could cost two / three million per case, theoretically he could go bankrupt just fighting his cases.!

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Following this blog by Graham Watson, this was posted: Lance Armstrong@lancearmstrong

It took a "photographer" to "write" the most balanced piece we've seen yet.http://www.grahamwatson.com/view/viewmain.html

Not too sure if he read the whole thing…is Lance admitting doping?

"Outright angels do not win a Tour de France"

LOL thats a looong cheap shot....you left out the rest of GW sentence

I've included it for the the less biased hubbers....thumbup1.gif

"Outright angels do not win a Tour de France. That is the domain of the most talented, hard, driven, ruthless and selfish riders. Lance did what he had to do to win, and he clearly did it very well. If he cheated, he cheated the other cheats of that era, even if by doing so he also cheated an adoring public".

http://www.grahamwatson.com/view/viewmain.html