Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

In the meantime, you can all start adjusting your finishing place in the 2010 Argus by one… :whistling:

Bwah ha ha :w00t: , thats a post of the year for me right there :clap:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the meantime, you can all start adjusting your finishing place in the 2010 Argus by one… :whistling:

You are such a Tjop!!! :clap:

I believe that Lance has made a decision that has surprised everyone, but it is a good one... it is almost sooo obvious - i never saw it coming!

USADA are in no-mans land fighting a fight that they are not involved in.

There is no way that he can be stripped of anything by USADA its not theirs to take away... he is not guilty!... and if they do try to strip him of his UCI titles... UCI will defend their jurisdiction and then its gonna be messy and at a huuugh cost to USA tax payers... and then I guess USADA will be dismantled... haha.

its gonna be great!

Go Lance GO!! :clap: :clap:

Very sharp!

:-D

Besides what anyone else here or anywhere on earth says he still one 7 times in my eyes, if they start a witch hunt where is it to stop. Merckx, LeMond where? Lets test every sample from every race ever using the latest anti doping tests and see who of histories "great" riders were clean. Stupid Stupid Stupid. So if they strip him of his titles are all his "buddies" gonna give back the money they received when Lance won all his tours?

In 2005, LA sued an insurance company to claim and to collect a $5 million insurance-type payout from SCA Promotions for his record-breaking seven wins of the Tour. SCA had alleged that Lance doped in order to achieve his victories and was therefore ineligible to collect the payout.

He won, partially because the USADA testified that they were the ultimate US authority on who was or was not a doper and had not found against him.

That has now changed, and i suppose SCA will sue for their money back. It will be interesting to see how he defends that. Also, if he testified, he may be guilty of perjury which is a criminal offence.

The plot thickens

In 2005, LA sued an insurance company to claim and to collect a $5 million insurance-type payout from SCA Promotions for his record-breaking seven wins of the Tour. SCA had alleged that Lance doped in order to achieve his victories and was therefore ineligible to collect the payout. He won, partially because the USADA testified that they were the ultimate US authority on who was or was not a doper and had not found against him. That has now changed, and i suppose SCA will sue for their money back. It will be interesting to see how he defends that. Also, if he testified, he may be guilty of perjury which is a criminal offence. The plot thickens

The SCA case was the start of it all, but I wonder if double jeopardy will apply.

Not sure is this has been discussed but here goes. Seeing that cycling is a team sport, should the whole team not be disqualified if one of the members is caught doping? Surely the whole team would have benefitted from the member that doped?

so, any thoughts on this?

Even if the titles issue goes on some sort of appeal, Usada can ban him for life from competing in any sport which recognises its authority. The Lance can "Going forward…I am going to devote myself to attempting to be the fittest 40-year old on the planet" who can't compete…

Go Tygert! :clap:

so, any thoughts on this?

Some sponsors took that stance, and vowed to pull funding should any riders be caught.

Some sponsors took that stance, and vowed to pull funding should any riders be caught.

I think I should get/buy/bribe myself a team and feed them some steaks so that I can wheel suck my way to a sub 3 at the argus! Who cares if they are caught doping after the race, my blood will be clean and I will hace my sub 3... :ph34r:

I think I should get/buy/bribe myself a team and feed them some steaks so that I can wheel suck my way to a sub 3 at the argus! Who cares if they are caught doping after the race, my blood will be clean and I will hace my sub 3... :ph34r:

Just make sure you opt for the vegetarian option at the pasta evening… :whistling: